Toy Review and Pictures

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 21 Jan 2007, 19:16

Toy Review and Pictures

A while ago I got a chance to buy some Code Lyoko 5 inch action figures from series 1 (i.e. toy assortment 1).

I got Ulrich with scanner, Odd with his Overboard, and the Blok. If the store had it I would have gotten Yumi too.

Even though I have some criticisms of these toys I still love them. Unlike many toon based action figures they look like the cartoon. They also included a good amount of articulation (i.e. points where the figure can move). So it is fun to pose them.

I love this picture of Ulrich's Lyoko-self peeking around the corner into the scanner. It's got some kind of ominous look to it.

I found Both Odd and Ulrich can hold 3 3/4 scale guns [the one's pictured are from C.OR.P.S.]. I guess that sort of makes up for Ulrich not having a sword and Odd not having a shield.

Ironically Ulrich didn't fit in the scanner he came with. Maybe they put the wrong clip in the scanner by mistake. However Odd that came with his Overboard fit in the scanner perfectly.

My Odd has the wrong size peg holes . . OR . . the Overboard has the wrong size pegs. Either way they don't connect. (Not really something you can put in a picture.)

The Blok has a great action feature. You put batteries in and it crawls around shooting it's three projectile eye things. The aim surprisingly good, but isn't always perfect. It doesn't seem to walk in a straight line. Yet the Blok both looks cool and is cool.

The figures have a hard time standing up, maybe it's because Ulrich twisted his ankle.

Don’t worry Ulrich’s not broken. He is just that flexible.
But with such small limbs I wonder how durable these action figures are.
I wouldn’t play too rough with them or leave them around where kids 4 and under could get to them.

But like I said I still love these figures.
Check out Odd in his bring-it-on-pose.
I can totally picture him waving over baddies like that.

Oh yeah, my Sponge Bob candy holder can hold a gun too. :)

exo

Virtualisé

Message 23 Jan 2007, 00:02

WOW! I made the mistake of buying scanner ulrich because I thought the earth-form was an actual figure. But wow! The Blok! If I knew it walked with batteries and auto-fired I'd have gotten that in a heartbeat! I have Aelita already. Blok and Overbike Ulrich next for me. Then Wave 3 has Medusa.
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 23 Jan 2007, 17:44

That's cool you have the Aelita figure.

I wish they had Earth action figures too, but were you disappointed with the Lyoko Ulrich action figure?

I have had trouble finding the figures in the stores here in the US Central Timezone. I think I'm going to have to order on-line or something.

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 23 Jan 2007, 20:02

:lol: I got Yumi and her overwing. She was the one I most wanted but likely would have picked up Aelita except they had on;y one and she looked damaged in the box.

I've noticed that character groups sell out of girls fastest, and if they don't sell the other characters in stock they don't order more.

Never pictured Ulrich and Odd as "going postal" :lol:

exo

Virtualisé

Message 24 Jan 2007, 00:55

Does Wave 2's Megatank run on batteries?

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 24 Jan 2007, 19:47

exo a écrit:Does Wave 2's Megatank run on batteries?

I'm not sure, but it does fire projectiles (click on the link in this page):
http://toybiz.com/showassort.htm?id=90455

Here is what seems to be the main page for all CL toys:
http://toybiz.com/showbrand.htm?id=32

>Never pictured Ulrich and Odd as "going postal"

lol kagetsu

By the way I may have a G.I. Joe sword somewhere to try out with Ulrich.
I've got to find it first though.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 25 Jan 2007, 05:32

Nice review! I like the picture of them with the guns. That would certainly turn the tables on X.A.N.A., wouldn't it?

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 27 Jan 2007, 19:55

garooob a écrit:Nice review! I like the picture of them with the guns. That would certainly turn the tables on X.A.N.A., wouldn't it?

I'm glad you like it :) I'm really happy with how that one turned out.

Oh, I found a sword that I can use with Ulrich. I think it's a katana.
I'll have to take some pics and post them.

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 18 Fév 2007, 08:59

Hey I might have mentioned that I found a G.I. Joe sword to use with my Ulrich fig.
Well, here are the pictures. The third one is bonus weirdness :)

With one of the Blok's eye missile-thingy removed you can make it look like Ulrich is really stabbing the Blok.

Picture caption:
Odd: Jeremie am I supposed to floss them to death with this?
- - -
Ulrich: It looks like Xana has created some new monsters.
Odd: Hmm .. new breakfast you mean. We've got waffles, muffins, and bacon.
Ulrich: What about the Octopus?
Odd: Maybe we could have some after breakfast Sushi?

exo

Virtualisé

Message 02 Mar 2007, 23:37

I have the Megatank. It opens and closes into a perfect sphere. A X.A.N.A. symbol on the side pulls out and turns to lock missiles into the front for sphere form. If the symbol is pushed in, it time release opens and fires on both sides.

I want a Krab. Wave 3 too.

exo

Virtualisé

Message 11 Mar 2007, 23:52

http://www.toyglobe.com/CodeLyokoPVC03.php

http://www.toyglobe.com/CodeLyoko03.php

So I can finally get the Krabe, but I have to pay $54 and those action figures aren't even so good. Why are they released in July after season 4 hopefully starts? No Scyphozoa? Probably just buying Park Scene PVC.

LW-Quentin, administrateur de codelyoko.net

Message 12 Mar 2007, 18:39

Thanks for this news !
I thinks, 54$ because is a pack with krabe, kankrelat, Yumi, Ulrich and Odd.

Any way, it's cool : new figurine for my bedroom !^^ (I want my kankrelat :p )

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 27 Mar 2007, 18:52

I want the Krabe too. I'm not sure that it should cost $54 dollars. That seems a bit overpriced. Did you have to pay shipping?

I'm not planing to buy from toyglobe.com. It just seems too expensive.
I mean $ 32.95 for Series 1 Yumi :shock:? I'm sure they didn't make
as many Yumi figures, but come on that's twice the price it should be.
And $ 17.95 for Series 1 Ulrich. I know I didn't pay that much in the store!
I think if I have to buy on line I might do it via ebay or something.

I do wish the figures where a bit higher quality. I only have a few wave 1 figures. But I do love the fact that the figures at least look like the show they came from.

exo

Virtualisé

Message 18 Mai 2007, 00:06

Futur Lyokofan

Message 22 Juil 2021, 00:23

Re: Toy Review and Pictures

Update
My youngest daughter broke Odd’s hand of last year. I’ve been gathering info and material to fix it though.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 22 Juil 2021, 07:11

From what I read of the start of the thread it sounds like the Odd figure is almost the same as the Odd version of the scanner. If so it is pretty easy to break unfortunately. I broke mine in my teens when playing with it even gently. He fell over onto my carpet and lost a hand. It fixes with superglue really easily and really solidly but the articulation is gone with that method.
.....Yay ... just yay

Futur Lyokofan

Message 28 Mai 2022, 16:12

DragonGirl a écrit:From what I read of the start of the thread it sounds like the Odd figure is almost the same as the Odd version of the scanner. If so it is pretty easy to break unfortunately. I broke mine in my teens when playing with it even gently. He fell over onto my carpet and lost a hand. It fixes with superglue really easily and really solidly but the articulation is gone with that method.

Sadly my Odd toy’s hand broke too.
My youngest daughter was playing with it.

I’m going to try to fix it differently to try to keep the articulation, but it won’t be as secure as super glue.

Great to see someone visiting the forum.
Didn’t expect to see a post from 2021.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 31 Mai 2022, 23:06

Yeah Forums like these aren't as active anymore. Most people have moved to stuff like redit and discord. I still come in here from time to time because it makes me feel closer to fellow Code Lyoko fans without the usual social media stupidity or having 1000 minor discord notifications to deal with. Plus i get nostalgic sometimes.
.....Yay ... just yay

Futur Lyokofan

Message 08 Aoû 2022, 20:44

DragonGirl a écrit:Yeah Forums like these aren't as active anymore. Most people have moved to stuff like redit and discord. I still come in here from time to time because it makes me feel closer to fellow Code Lyoko fans without the usual social media stupidity or having 1000 minor discord notifications to deal with. Plus i get nostalgic sometimes.

Cool
Thanks for replying.
Yeah I love the forums too.
Being able to go both on and off topic makes a huge difference in getting to know fellow fans.

I’m glad forums like this and Code Lyoko Evolved (where I visit fairly regularly) are still around.

There’s a small, but wonderful group of people still visiting the Evolved forum.

I try to post picture captions on a thread there too and anyone registered can join in.
Lots of great topics old and new to join in with.

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko