Code Lyoko Evolution. Is it really a true continuation?

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 03 Nov 2013, 06:46

Code Lyoko Evolution. Is it really a true continuation?

I would just like to get people's opinions on this. Can it really be considered a true continuation of the series or is it it's own separate dimension that may have nothing to do with the origional.

first a list of diffrences between the origional and evolution. http://en.codelyoko.fr/dossiers/adaptation_cle.cl

So Say your opinions on this matter. Heck give fan theories as to how evolution could be connected to the original despite all the major differences.

My own personal theory is that the world of Code Lyoko Evolution is a parallel dimension created on a split timeline due to Xana's Destruction at the end of season 4 of the original series. I personally believe that No matter what the creators call it Code Lyoko Evolution can not be truly considered to be season five and must be seen as the start of it's own separate series because the timelines of the two series don't match up.
.....Yay ... just yay

Grand Maître du lancer d'éventail

Message 03 Nov 2013, 12:04

Re: Code Lyoko Evolution. Is it really a true continuation?

No doubt for me, CLE is a true continuation. There are some inconsistencies with CL indeed, but they're mostly the result of a new team of writers. It seems they didn't know the original series too well, or sometimes they just needed to introduce some changes to suit their needs.

If it was a reboot, then why would they bother explaining the loss of the 2 sectors for instance? They wouldn't have mentioned them at all.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 03 Nov 2013, 21:20

Re: Code Lyoko Evolution. Is it really a true continuation?

still a writing choice to change the timeline of the series entirely seems like a bad Idea. I can accept other artistic changes but I cannot accept that one. It's why I personally can not accept Evolution as a continuation of the original.
If I thought it was a reboot I would have specifically called it one from the start. I simply think of it as a paradox created from Xana's destruction trying to correct it's self by continuing on in a different universe. It's the only way I can force myself to accept Code Lyoko Evolution and all it's flaws and changes. Not saying it's a bad show. I did have to build a wall around my mind to keep it from feeling like a slap in the face to my childhood. I'm sure It's got a lot of good things, If I can force myself to watch the show all the way through maybe I can end up changing my own opinion.
.....Yay ... just yay

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko