Yumi

Come here to give us your advice about Charaters and relationships.

Superstar

Message 29 Avr 2005, 08:57

Yumi

And what about Yumi?
The only girl in the group?

Grand Maître de l'esquive au sabre

Message 03 Mai 2005, 14:00

She is my favorite character.

She is serious, but she can to be happy when need.

And I like when she dismiss Sissi with her[Yumi] sarcastic remarks

Lyokophile à vie

Message 03 Mai 2005, 16:33

Yes, i like that about her too. She doesn't let Sissie push her or ulrich around, and she can be tough when she has too. I guess she has a high level of maturity, being the oldest member of the group.

I love that scene in Zero Gravity when she first lifts off the ground, and she's like "whaaa?"

EDIT: Have inline images been disactivated?

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 04 Mai 2005, 05:47

-
I think Yumi is GREAT! Sensible without being a "wet blanket". Beautiful in her own way. Zowie!
-
...And her clothing on Lyoko is wonderful. The more you look at the details of her uniform, the more you realize how beautiful it is.
-
(And her bordeaux undies ain't bad either! (oooh, oooh) :twisted: )
-

Tueur de Blocks

Message 04 Mai 2005, 17:04

Chauve-Souris a écrit:(And her bordeaux undies ain't bad either! (oooh, oooh) )

... Lol, you're right .

What will be the group without Yumi ? Ok she isn't in the same class than the other, she eats at home, she doesn't sleep at school like the other, and yet, we couldn't forget her. with her strong personality, her clothes and her jealousy which immediatly appears when Ulrich looks at an other girl ( "routine" ), she firstly looks a bit cold but she must be a very good friend .

And about her relation with Ulrich, I keep my spirits up than they will go on acting like in the first season ( hiding their feelings ), I like this situation .

Grand Maître de l'esquive au sabre

Message 04 Mai 2005, 18:57

Manson > No, she eat at school ;) . It is very important :roll: !!
In Lyoko, she is a good friend for Aelita, because she is the alone girl [Yumi] for Aelita.

Message 05 Mai 2005, 07:22

-
Yeah, Mans, you're right. Many are the TV series that were ruined when the tension between a couple was discontinued and they became lovers or married. I agree that that situation should not be changed.
-
And, Volf, we certainly do not want to eliminate Yumi! In fact, she will be in charge of taking care of Aelita whenever she is at Kadic. That is going to be great fun!
-

Tueur de Blocks

Message 07 Mai 2005, 12:59

Yes, in the second season, Yumi will no longer be the only girl of the group and I hope Aelita and her will have strong friendship links, they may be a bit like Odd and Ulrich .
And it'll be better if in the next season, Yumi will more often use his telepathy power , cause now, it's useless . I don't know she could for instance use it on the monsters throwing them in the numerical sea, here it will be usefull !!!

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 07 Mai 2005, 22:47

manson a écrit:Yes, in the second season, Yumi will no longer be the only girl of the group and I hope Aelita and her will have strong friendship links, they may be a bit like Odd and Ulrich .

Aelita on earth in the group will definitly change things. Right now, Jeremie is Yumi's best friend in the group and the one she goes to to"talk". Maybe Aelita will draw so much of Jeremies attention that Yumi will feel even more isolated.
From the little I've heard about the upcoming season, Yumi may have attention from another boy, making Ulrich the jealous one.

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 08 Mai 2005, 20:15

Yumi is okay. She is not my favorite character, but she is cool.
I like her Fan attack.
She's an important member of the team and the show wouldn't be the same with out her.

My favorite dialogue / scene with Yumi was in the episode Image Problem . .

Ulrich: Then you go, but first you have to devirtualize yourself; the question is how?

Yumi: Your armed aren't you?

Imaging being Ulrich? You have to strike down the love of your life so she can leave Lyoko and save Jeremie.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 08 Mai 2005, 22:59

That's right, and Yumi said this sentence with such a natural tone ... We don't see the scene but we easily can imagine the face of ulrich killing Yumi on Lyoko :x

kagetsu a écrit:I've heard about the upcoming season, Yumi may have attention from another boy, making Ulrich the jealous one.

I don't know if it's right ( maybe ) but if she do this just to prompt Ulrich's jealousy, I won't agree with her ... let's see the next season to verify !

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 09 Mai 2005, 00:23

manson a écrit:I don't know if it's right ( maybe ) but if she do this just to prompt Ulrich's jealousy, I won't agree with her ... let's see the next season to verify !

I agree, there is nothing definite, just a little hearsay from people around the show. But I think they've developed the Ulrich/Yumi relationship to a point now that either they move them much closer together, or something must happen to bring doubt back to their minds. They seemed closer in the beginning then began to move apart until Emilie got in the way. Then it was deal with their feelings or leave each other.

Message 10 Mai 2005, 05:31

McTrooper a écrit:Yumi: Your armed aren't you?

Yeah, that "moment" really got to me. I asked in the français forum whether the ricain version was edited and the French version showed any subsequent action, but apparently it was left to their imagination too. Phew! Tough situation!
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 12 Mai 2005, 02:47

yeah, that must've truely been quite difficult for Ulrich to do, but i'm sure he knew that everything would be ok in the end.

kagetsu a écrit:From the little I've heard about the upcoming season, Yumi may have attention from another boy, making Ulrich the jealous one.

that would certainly add an interesting new spin to things. i hope they don't end up fighting too much in season 2.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 12 Mai 2005, 03:47

I think the arrival of Aelita will turn the situation around: Jérémie will end up going to Yumi for advice!
Things will definitely be shaken up in season 2. But I wonder, who will the new boy be? Theo?

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 04 Juin 2005, 01:13

The William character is a complete unknown, but I don't expect him to be more than a one time part. Theo is the only one time character to have his picture in the students file. I think we will see more of him. I didn't really like him but he will make a good rival for Ulrich. And Yumi already likes him. I can't really see how she could do that to Ulrich after all they went through in "Routine"

Message 23 Aoû 2005, 14:23

I love Yumi! She's my favourite character, 'cause when I first saw her, I thought she was a cold person (maybe because her clothes?) but she's very nice with her friends :) And she's japanese! ;)

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 12 Sep 2005, 00:13

(from Clem's pictures)
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5639/pict15928df.jpg

William, Yumi's new goth boyfriend. Discuss!

Tueur de Blocks

Message 12 Sep 2005, 16:06

Yumi obviously looks to be interested by william , but he isn't her boyfriend ! i think yumi likes his maturity, perhaps she can't longer bear ulrich's shyness :? or she may notices william ressemble her . ( his clothes for instance )
( i think william could have his proper topic in the forum cause he is important )

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 13 Sep 2005, 06:05

I know he's not her boyfriend. I was just kidding! Even though we haven't seen Season 2 yet, I'd have to say that Yumi and William look like they have a lot in common.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 14 Sep 2005, 10:35

that's right , they have a lot in common but today, the episode confirmed that yumi felt in love with ... Ulrich :D
^-^ i don't want to say anymore : P you'll see by yourself : P

ps : Speaking about yumi : Apparently she has a younger brother :shock:

arg ! i must wait you to see the first episodes before speaking about all the news !! :x :x

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 15 Sep 2005, 03:34

A younger brother? Does he fight X.A.N.A., too?

Superstar

Message 15 Sep 2005, 07:57

We don't know now because we have just see him yesterday
He a bit too young I think in order to fight with xana
but maybe, why not
I prefer that her brother will fight with xana than a girl or sissi (it's not a good english what I have said but I hope you'll understand)

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 16 Sep 2005, 04:41

Why don't you want another girl on Lyoko, Clem?

exo

Virtualisé

Message 17 Sep 2005, 00:02

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this topic already, but why is Yumi always in the batroom in her underwear whenever they call her? Lyoko does tend to recycle animation...
Suivante

Retourner vers Characters