Episode 79 Braging Rights

Tueur de Blocks

Message 09 Sep 2007, 19:15

Episode 79 Braging Rights

Cartoonnetwork hyas lost it because Hoe is this epsode sapposed to make sense without episode 78.

Speaking of which what the heck happened to episode 78 it was sapposed to air yesterday but was skipped.

ok things that were actually in the episode that didn't make sense.(untill I've actually seen episode 78 there is only 1 thing that dosn't make sense)

Why was Principal Delmas the one who sair a few houres earlier. (It just dosn't make any sense but I guess it makes more sense than having Jim or Ms Hertz say it though)

Without seeing episode 78 I can't detrmine wether I like this episode or not.
.....Yay ... just yay

Futur Lyokophile

Message 10 Sep 2007, 08:45

I'm debating whether to watch this or not. I really hate watching episodes out of order (It's just not kosher), and it seems like episode 78 had some big developements, so when are they going to fix this little foul-up?
Code Lyoko CCG
http://yumi2004.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5764
Testers Wanted!

Grand Maître du lancer d'éventail

Message 10 Sep 2007, 20:52

The Gee Man a écrit:I'm debating whether to watch this or not.

It's definitely preferable to watch #78 before #79. You can see it in French if you want ;)

Futur Lyokophile

Message 11 Sep 2007, 08:57

Olivier a écrit:
The Gee Man a écrit:I'm debating whether to watch this or not.

It's definitely preferable to watch #78 before #79. You can see it in French if you want ;)

Nah, I'll just have to bite my tounge and wait. Hopefully they'll release episode 78, because I can't speak French (I can read Latin though!). And it's nice to see another person posting here, the English side has been pretty empty lately.
Code Lyoko CCG
Testers Wanted!

Tueur de Blocks

Message 12 Sep 2007, 03:15

The Gee Man a écrit: And it's nice to see another person posting here, the English side has been pretty empty lately.

I know Usually it's just 1 or 2 people and they rairly post they just look.
.....Yay ... just yay

Maître des énigmes

Message 12 Sep 2007, 09:16

DragonGirl a écrit:I know Usually it's just 1 or 2 people and they rairly post they just look.

Indeed. I use to post on the french side.

I liked this episode. There is the first Ulrich and Yumi's translation. And the first (and last) Odd's attempt to appear modest^^

Message 13 Sep 2007, 00:00

The Gee Man a écrit:Nah, I'll just have to bite my tounge and wait. Hopefully they'll release episode 78, because I can't speak French

And would you (or others) be interested by a version with English subtitles? I could try to make one...

Tueur de Blocks

Message 13 Sep 2007, 00:31

Pete a écrit:
DragonGirl a écrit:I know Usually it's just 1 or 2 people and they rairly post they just look.

Indeed. I use to post on the french side.

Ok good to know :D

[quote=Olivier]And would you (or others) be interested by a version with English subtitles? I could try to make one... [/quote]

Possibly that would peopably help people who are confused understand better.
.....Yay ... just yay

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 15 Sep 2007, 20:36

Olivier a écrit:
The Gee Man a écrit:Nah, I'll just have to bite my tounge and wait. Hopefully they'll release episode 78, because I can't speak French

And would you (or others) be interested by a version with English subtitles? I could try to make one...
I like the few times I'm able to get hold of the French versions, just to hear the different voice actors. [WHINING]oh, we used to have a blast getting the extras from France and talking about the differences. From my side 'lyokofreak forum" killed most of that. Another place keeps losing their links and dropping me from connection for not posting enough, then lowering my score as spam every 25% because they have easy buttons too do it. I've been running in too so much hostility from Lyoko fan sites, it's almost about to put me off them all for good. This really is still the best place I've found with the best people, but I have lost alot of the interaction I used to have. And with all the home work I've got and that CN has dropped the show to Saturday only, I'm not able to post on anywhere as much as I could before, and the less I post, the more out of touch with people I get, and they no longer really care what I write. Even my TV.com blog is suffering. I'm guessing this is a cycle that comes to everyone. [/WHINING] ignore that part, it's just a general feeling I've been getting and grows with every new spit fight I have with some poster. [?STILL WHINING]

I did notice this was out of order, but I've learned to giv them one a season. CN doesn't like serial shows because it makes running them hard enough they have to think. And they're plastering them with "Fried Dynamite" logo's three times between commercial breaks. I'm just hoping Funimation gets the DVD's out, though it appears they've stopped at season 2 vol 1. [/SAD]

The "real world" characters,,, Yumi mostly, in their Lyoko outfits was worth watching. I kept thinking "I need a screen cap of that" but then remember, I can't till the DVD comes out.

I'm not going to be as kind with the Odd/Kiwi episode today. I really didn't find anything I liked about it.

Futur Lyokophile

Message 16 Sep 2007, 06:57

kagetsu a écrit:[WHINING]oh, we used to have a blast getting the extras from France and talking about the differences. From my side 'lyokofreak forum" killed most of that. Another place keeps losing their links and dropping me from connection for not posting enough, then lowering my score as spam every 25% because they have easy buttons too do it. I've been running in too so much hostility from Lyoko fan sites, it's almost about to put me off them all for good. This really is still the best place I've found with the best people, but I have lost alot of the interaction I used to have. And with all the home work I've got and that CN has dropped the show to Saturday only, I'm not able to post on anywhere as much as I could before, and the less I post, the more out of touch with people I get, and they no longer really care what I write. Even my TV.com blog is suffering. I'm guessing this is a cycle that comes to everyone. [/WHINING] ignore that part, it's just a general feeling I've been getting and grows with every new spit fight I have with some poster. [?STILL WHINING]

Wow, I had no idea CL had such a prickly fan base elsewhere. I'm really annoyed because of the episode screw-up, and since I can't speak French and I don't want to watch episodes out of order, I'm in a bit of a bind. As a lark, I watched a few seconds of the lost episode in French, and now I want to see it more than ever.
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Odd's voice actor in French sounds like nails on a chalkboard?
Code Lyoko CCG
Testers Wanted!

Message 16 Sep 2007, 21:03

The Gee Man a écrit:now I want to see it more than ever

The translation should be finished in a couple of days.

The Gee Man a écrit:Also, am I the only one who thinks that Odd's voice actor in French sounds like nails on a chalkboard?

The actor is actually an actress, which explains the high-pitched voice ;) It's a bit weird at the beginning indeed, but eventually you get used to it.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 16 Sep 2007, 22:21

Olivier a écrit:
The Gee Man a écrit:Also, am I the only one who thinks that Odd's voice actor in French sounds like nails on a chalkboard?

The actor is actually an actress, which explains the high-pitched voice ;) It's a bit weird at the beginning indeed, but eventually you get used to it.

Ah Kindof like Ulrich's English voice is done by a woman (I feel sory for her having to play a grouch but shes probably lucky she osn't have to play someone obnociouss ike Sissy, William, or Jim{No offence to Jim and Sissy fans...as for William fans sorry but it's true, and I still hope he never goes back to "normal"} or the principal if yu pay enough attention during the episoe dubble take you can see that hs;e sortove stupid{At leat in that episode})
.....Yay ... just yay

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 21 Sep 2007, 13:03

(oh the hostility was from the very start. I blame CL.com for it the most. If you spoke English, forget about getting anywhere near the French section. And some how, many people from there managed to get thir own forums started, and they all chose to restrict access to any information they found, and you were lucky not to be moderated to death)

DragonGirl a écrit:
Olivier a écrit:

Ah Kindof like Ulrich's English voice is done by a woman (I feel sory for her having to play a grouch but shes probably lucky she osn't have to play someone obnociouss ike Sissy, William, or Jim{No offence to Jim and Sissy fans...as for William fans sorry but it's true, and I still hope he never goes back to "normal"} or the principal if yu pay enough attention during the episoe dubble take you can see that hs;e sortove stupid{At leat in that episode})

I don't really remember Ad's voice, but I remember a lot of English discussion elsewhere about Aelita's very "sexy" voice. :D

Ulrich's voice actor was one of the last to appear to talk to us because she was worried about how people would accept a girl voicing Ulrich. But we really see that alot in US animation.

Futur Lyokophile

Message 21 Sep 2007, 23:12

kagetsu a écrit:(oh the hostility was from the very start. I blame CL.com for it the most. If you spoke English, forget about getting anywhere near the French section. And some how, many people from there managed to get thir own forums started, and they all chose to restrict access to any information they found, and you were lucky not to be moderated to death)

Wow, this is sure a lot of eliteism over just a show. I'd hate to attribute this to stereotypical French arrogance, as it sounds more like people being jerks for the sake of it.
kagetsu a écrit:...I remember a lot of English discussion elsewhere about Aelita's very "sexy" voice. :D

That sounds incredibly creepy Image
kagetsu a écrit:Ulrich's voice actor was one of the last to appear to talk to us because she was worried about how people would accept a girl voicing Ulrich. But we really see that alot in US animation.

Interesting, I wonder if that's just something that goes on in France. Does anyone have links to those interviews?
Code Lyoko CCG
Testers Wanted!

Tueur de Blocks

Message 22 Sep 2007, 14:59

kagetsu a écrit:
DragonGirl a écrit:
Olivier a écrit:
The Gee Man a écrit:I don't really remember Ad's voice, but I remember a lot of English discussion elsewhere about Aelita's very "sexy" voice. :D

Ulrich's voice actor was one of the last to appear to talk to us because she was worried about how people would accept a girl voicing Ulrich. But we really see that alot in US animation.

Ok were they talking about Aelita's American or French voice? Because if it's the American one the they said the same thing about Jeremy's voice which is just plane wrong (A voice actor or actress should not have to play 2 people who are Boyfriend and Girlfirend it's just creepy with twind it makes sense but whith this situation it's just scarry{On the up side the character's voices are completely different :D})
.....Yay ... just yay

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 22 Sep 2007, 20:10

No, it's not so much the French forums (only been in two, this and CL.com, which locks English out completely) It's mostly English boards including the english side of CL.com that are more interested in Mod'ing the board than sharing info.

DragonGirl a écrit:
kagetsu a écrit:
DragonGirl a écrit:
Olivier a écrit:
The Gee Man a écrit:I don't really remember Ad's voice, but I remember a lot of English discussion elsewhere about Aelita's very "sexy" voice. :D

Ok were they talking about Aelita's American or French voice? Because if it's the American one the they said the same thing about Jeremy's voice which is just plane wrong (A voice actor or actress should not have to play 2 people who are Boyfriend and Girlfirend it's just creepy with twind it makes sense but whith this situation it's just scarry{On the up side the character's voices are completely different :D})
It was the French Aelita voice that was very soft and sexy. though I like the English Aelita very much, especially for her range of soft calm when she was safe in the tower talking to Jeremie all the way up to "about to be destroyed" panic cries.

I also thought it odd having the same VA do a romantic scene, but her voice for Jeremie is ok and the characters are almost like Brother/Sister than lovebirds.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 22 Sep 2007, 22:36

but her voice for Jeremie is ok and the characters are almost like Brother/Sister than lovebirds.

Yeah just never tell the characters that because I'm sort of sure Jeremy would try to virtualize you directally over the digital sea(I am just guessing that by the way)
.....Yay ... just yay

Retourner vers Episodes