Episode 87: A Space Oddity

Futur Lyokophile

Message 18 Nov 2007, 20:36

Episode 87: A Space Oddity

First of all, the English name for this Episode is a reference to one of my favorite songs ever, "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. You can listen to the song here, this is the original mnusic video from 1969:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY

Second, breaking random things on a space station is a very bad idea. Someone will sure catch hell for destroying what is probably tens of millions in parts on the ISS, too. (Also, the ISS doesn't manufacture anything, it's a research lab like Mir) Other than that, the implications of there being a Supercomputer on the ISS are tremendous, as America and France are already implicated in building the other ones.
Code Lyoko CCG
http://yumi2004.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5764
Testers Wanted!

Tueur de Blocks

Message 19 Nov 2007, 01:11

Re: Episode 87: A Space Oddity

The Gee Man a écrit:First of all, the English name for this Episode is a reference to one of my favorite songs ever, "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. You can listen to the song here, this is the original mnusic video from 1969:

Second, breaking random things on a space station is a very bad idea. Someone will sure catch hell for destroying what is probably tens of millions in parts on the ISS, too. (Also, the ISS doesn't manufacture anything, it's a research lab like Mir) Other than that, the implications of there being a Supercomputer on the ISS are tremendous, as America and France are already implicated in building the other ones.

Wow I would have thought that you would have mentioned soemthing about How rediculous Yumi's dad looked or about him being a Hippacrit.

Also They weren't talking about the International Space Station that already existed. During the show Jeremy Clearly said that it was A New Space Station. I don't remember anyone on the show saying the words International space station But I will double check on that.
.....Yay ... just yay

Tueur de Blocks

Message 19 Nov 2007, 04:34

Re: Episode 87: A Space Oddity

DragonGirl a écrit:
The Gee Man a écrit:First of all, the English name for this Episode is a reference to one of my favorite songs ever, "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. You can listen to the song here, this is the original mnusic video from 1969:

Wow I would have thought that you would have mentioned soemthing about How rediculous Yumi's dad looked or about him being a Hippacrit.

Also They weren't talking about the International Space Station that already existed. During the show Jeremy Clearly said that it was A New Space Station. I don't remember anyone on the show saying the words International space station But I will double check on that.

I just cheacked and I was wrong about the space station thing. however this is one of thouse episodes where the reality that you pointed out needs to be suspended.
.....Yay ... just yay

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 19 Nov 2007, 05:38

Oo, the detail on the station, at least outside, was pretty good. But, while I felt that obscure contracts passed around cyberspace could conceivably get a supercomputer built in very out of the way places. But getting something that big on to a space station that counts the launch weight of paperclips in the 100's of thousands, and having no room for unknown stuff is just too much of a reach. Then from the moment they were in orbit, I thought "wait for it", no show ever actually understands vacuum or freefall physics. Then it happened. Yumi opened a hatch the size of a garage door exposed to space. Instead of explosive decompression that would have killed them instantly, it just got windy. :roll:

But in honesty, I forgave it to watch Yumi float around in that outfit of hers. :oops: Some of those poses she made were just plain cute.

But why XANA would bother making "Phantasm balls" in space I have no clue. It's not going to destroy the world that way.

They had music videos in 1969?

Futur Lyokophile

Message 19 Nov 2007, 08:01

kagetsu a écrit:Oo, the detail on the station, at least outside, was pretty good. But, while I felt that obscure contracts passed around cyberspace could conceivably get a supercomputer built in very out of the way places. But getting something that big on to a space station that counts the launch weight of paperclips in the 100's of thousands, and having no room for unknown stuff is just too much of a reach. Then from the moment they were in orbit, I thought "wait for it", no show ever actually understands vacuum or freefall physics. Then it happened. Yumi opened a hatch the size of a garage door exposed to space. Instead of explosive decompression that would have killed them instantly, it just got windy. :roll:

Yeah, which is shy sending Odd to the station would have been a bad idea. His Laser Arrows run a big risk of piercing an umbilical or something. Oh well, it was a pretty interesting idea for a show.
kagetsu a écrit:But in honesty, I forgave it to watch Yumi float around in that outfit of hers. :oops: Some of those poses she made were just plain cute.

kagetsu a écrit:They had music videos in 1969?

Why not? Bowie later made the most expensive video to date in 1980, which is the song "Ashes to Ashes", which incidentally is the 'sequel' to Space Oddity, and probably my favorite Bowie song.
Code Lyoko CCG
http://yumi2004.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5764
Testers Wanted!

Tueur de Blocks

Message 01 Déc 2007, 20:40

kagetsu a écrit: Instead of explosive decompression that would have killed them instantly, it just got windy.

They aren't actually there (well they are and they aren't... basically it's like Lyoko but instead of unless the scanners are destroyed they won't disapear for good It'sunless the Skid is destroyed) Yes Moonscoop Messed up Because there would have been Decompression but They wouldn't have died because of it the decompression would have appeared to be a falty door or something that messed everythng up and Odd and Yumi Would have been only been sent back to the Skid (that would have been a confusind way to do things and animating all that is hard enough with Stick figures imagine how hard it is with good animations {To awnser the question yes I've tried it before [I'll explain Later]})
.....Yay ... just yay

Retourner vers Episodes