Nintendo DS

exo

Virtualisé

Message 10 Déc 2005, 02:04

I don't often trust games based on TV shows...Least I don't have to buy a DS, I'm a hardcore Nintendo fanboy.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 17 Déc 2005, 05:32

I put a DS on my Christmas list, but none of the presents my family sent me are big enough to be one (no, I didn't open them). There's a deal this weekend at Fry's Electronics for a red DS, Mario Kart DS and Bust-A-Move DS for $160... Nintendogs does look cute, but I don't know if I have the attention span for it.

Futur Lyokofan

Message 28 Déc 2005, 23:50

I got a DS for Christmas :) Its pretty cool. And my mom was smart enough to get me and my brother two, or else we'd kill each other for it. His is red and mine is silver. He got MarioKart with his, I got some wierd Metroid Prime Hunter Demo. I also got this computer, which is good because my old one was really bad.
Glory be to God,
Hayze

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 29 Déc 2005, 06:16

Hayze a écrit:I got a DS for Christmas :) Its pretty cool. And my mom was smart enough to get me and my brother two, or else we'd kill each other for it. His is red and mine is silver. He got MarioKart with his, I got some wierd Metroid Prime Hunter Demo. I also got this computer, which is good because my old one was really bad.

Sweet! Can you play 2-player Mario Kart with only one game? Tell us how you like it.

Futur Lyokofan

Message 03 Jan 2006, 03:46

Yep, you can play two-player with one. I beat my brother every time!
DS is pretty good. It has good graphics, and I like the touch screen. I got the Nintendogs game...but I don't have the patience for it. I get annoyed too easily.
Glory be to God,
Hayze

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 03 Jan 2006, 04:16

Hayze a écrit:...DS is pretty good....

Hayzie: I'm not a gamer, but I watch a lot of game reviews on G4 television, just because they are fun to watch. Anyhoo, the DS looks really neat -- along with the touchscreen, it accepts sounds as inputs, right?
-
Anyhoo, pls keep us posted on how you continue to like it, and especially tell us about the CL game when it becomes available, puhleeeze! Image
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 04 Jan 2006, 05:10

I understand that feeling, garooob. ^_~ I collect Hello Kitty things.
But if they made weird Code Lyoko underwear, I'd probably buy that, too. Extra points if you actually wear it. (That's ultra fandom!) Haahaa.

What's a DS?
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Message 05 Jan 2006, 06:51

miaame a écrit:...What's a DS?

I thought one of you gamers would jump on this, but noooooooo! Anyway, DS stands for "Dual Screen", or something like that. It is a handheld video-game-unit that has not one, but two, LCD's, which lets them have the usual action on one screen and messages, inputs, etc. on the other screen (for instance). It also permits touchscreen inputs on at least one of the screens, and audio inputs. Très formidable! Image
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 05 Jan 2006, 07:13

The Nintendo DS:
-Has 2 screens, the bottom being touch-sensitive.
-Can play both DS and GBA games.
-Has built in wireless networking. You can play some games in multiplayer mode using the wireless and only one cart! Up to 16 DSs can connect at once. The DS can also connect to a regular wireless network and go on line to play certain games. So far, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land and Metroid Prime Hunters (coming soon) use this feature.
-Embedded software "PictoChat" uses the wireless and allows people to write and draw to each other using the touch screen.
-Has a rechargeable battery
-Will be able to play the Code Lyoko game, when it comes out on November 15, 2006

edit:
Some more things:
-Last time I checked, the Nintendo DS was still outselling the PSP.
-Possibly this is due to not having stupid advertising like the PSP does. ("It's like a nut you can play outside?" I will NEVER buy a PSP just because of that.)

exo

Virtualisé

Message 06 Jan 2006, 01:30

Advertising means a big deal, but I'm not for the big technical deal. Just games, if it's good, it's usually Nintendo. Pictochat blows cos you can't really use it often. The people can only use it if they're in like the next room.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 06 Jan 2006, 03:54

exo a écrit:Advertising means a big deal, but I'm not for the big technical deal. Just games, if it's good, it's usually Nintendo. Pictochat blows cos you can't really use it often. The people can only use it if they're in like the next room.

And that's why I haven't gotten a DS yet. I don't know anyone else who has one! All I could do is play one player and chat with myself, or hang out at McDonalds to play with someone else. (I don't like McDonalds.)

Message 06 Jan 2006, 04:38

garooob a écrit:...I haven't gotten a DS yet....

Just today I was watching a review of a Mario racing game for the DS, and they ("X-Play", G4-TV) were nutzo about it. They gave it a rating of 5 Image out of 5, which is pretty rare.
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 06 Jan 2006, 07:04

Don't get me wrong - I've played Mario Kart DS and I like it! It's pretty fun, but that kind of game is something that's better played with friends. If I want to play by myself, I'll fire up some Final Fantasy.

Futur Lyokofan

Message 06 Jan 2006, 23:17

Chauve-Souris a écrit:
Hayze a écrit:...DS is pretty good....

Anyhoo, the DS looks really neat -- along with the touchscreen, it accepts sounds as inputs, right?

-

Yep.
Glory be to God,
Hayze

Message 27 Jan 2006, 03:21

Whoops. I meant to post stuff in response to the DS and the PSP. Since I'm just in guest mode, I can't go back and edit. Ah well.

At any rate, Animal Crossing is a really fun game. My brother has it for the gamecube. I played a game on my best friend's brother's PSP, which was an RPG. (Legend of Heroes) I liked it, mainly because the graphics were AMAZING. ^_^ I like the touch-screen thing on the DS though. (Sampled it and the game "Mario Cart" in Walmart. lol.) I would honestly buy both systems, if I had the money. ^_^ :D

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 27 Jan 2006, 06:00

kystrel a écrit:I like what I read of the first post! I hope it hasn't been disproved by the last page! lol.

Nope, still valid!
And Mario Kart DS is pretty fun. I played it Fry's Electronics. Did you hear that they're redesigning to DS?

exo

Virtualisé

Message 10 Mar 2006, 02:54

Speaking back to DS, I just got Animal Crossing, and made my character out to look like Aelita. It's a guy, but if you go to the salon everyday the Poodle there asks you for chick cuts.
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

Lyokophile à vie

Message 10 Mar 2006, 06:15

Doesn't that game keep going on even if you don't use it? It'll celebrate birthdays and stuff....And your pets will die if you don't take care of them?
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 10 Mar 2006, 08:20

exo a écrit:Speaking back to DS, I just got Animal Crossing, and made my character out to look like Aelita. It's a guy, but if you go to the salon everyday the Poodle there asks you for chick cuts.

Cool! Do you ever play online?

exo

Virtualisé

Message 12 Mar 2006, 01:53

miaame a écrit:Doesn't that game keep going on even if you don't use it? It'll celebrate birthdays and stuff....And your pets will die if you don't take care of them?

No, it's not a tomagatchi. The animals in it are more like self-reliant animal-human hybids.

garooob a écrit:Cool! Do you ever play online?

The online system's really hard, because you have to use codes if you want to online with people. Prevents hacking and bad deals on auctions. Plus, wifi isn't built into the system, and there's not an adaptor for it yet. So I've acessed the online function, but never used it.
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

P'tit nouveau

Message 27 Juin 2006, 20:49

I got Animal Crossing last week, and it's one of the best games I've ever played! Mario Kart is good, but the Single Player mode is too easy to complete. My brothers got a DS and almost the same games as me, but he hardly ever plays on it and my Wi-Fi is down, so I can't go to anybody elses towns on Animal Crossing, or face some new people in Metroid Prime Hunters!!! :evil:

Retourner vers Computer science/Video games