Yoko tsuno

Come speak about the book, BD and Manga which you like.

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 11 Avr 2006, 05:42

-
BENJEREMIE, and others:
-
YOKO TSUNO HAS ARRIVED!Image
-
At long last, and after three tries, I have received some Yoko Tsuno comics: #1, #2, and #16. Two French companies (including alapage) had some sort of trouble with VISA, but a French-Canadian store, called l'Imaginaire, had no problems at all. I haven't started reading them yet, but some remarks after a quick look:
-
---I was expecting floppy comics, but these are hardbound and very nicely done.
-
---The actual story material is somewhat more detailed and more finely printed and colored than "regular" comics too.
-
---I think I'm going to like #16 the most, as it contains cute kids and monster lizards, my favorites.
-
---In #2 and #16, after the "FIN" of the cartooning, there is one last page with a full-page black-and-white line sketch of Yoko and another character, and they're really beautiful! Real art!
-
---The author has a name, Roger Leloup, which raises a smile to a ricain cartoon fan. There is a character in old television cartoons named Lupey De Loup (or something like that) who only wants to do good, but gets constantly persecuted since he is a wolf and because of that no one believes he's not evil.
-
---Yoko herself looks really great, and the entire presentation is really attractive. I am most anxious to start the reading....
-
EDIT: If anyone doesn't know who Yoko Tsuno is, take a look at Benjeremie's signature and beau new avatar!
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 11 Avr 2006, 06:24

Congratulations, Chauvre-souris! Enjoy!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 11 Avr 2006, 22:30

Chauve-Souris a écrit:-
BENJEREMIE, and others:
-
-
At long last, and after three tries, I have received some Yoko Tsuno comics: #1, #2, and #16. Two French companies (including alapage) had some sort of trouble with VISA, but a French-Canadian store, called l'Imaginaire, had no problems at all. I haven't started reading them yet, but some remarks after a quick look:
-
-
---The actual story material is somewhat more detailed and more finely printed and colored than "regular" comics too.
-
---I think I'm going to like #16 the most, as it contains cute kids and monster lizards, my favorites.
-
---In #2 and #16, after the "FIN" of the cartooning, there is one last page with a full-page black-and-white line sketch of Yoko and another character, and they're really beautiful! Real art!
-
---The author has a name, Roger Leloup, which raises a smile to a ricain cartoon fan. There is a character in old television cartoons named Lupey De Loup (or something like that) who only wants to do good, but gets constantly persecuted since he is a wolf and because of that no one believes he's not evil.
-
---Yoko herself looks really great, and the entire presentation is really attractive. I am most anxious to start the reading....
-
EDIT: If anyone doesn't know who Yoko Tsuno is, take a look at Benjeremie's signature and beau new avatar!
-

Not that you should go to all the trouble of scanning everything like the WITCH people do, but maybe some highlights, I have no idea what you're talking about.

<edit> NVM didn't see the last part.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 15 Avr 2006, 18:54

Hey, CS! Can you give us a summary of what Yoko Tsuno is about?

Message 16 Avr 2006, 06:35

garooob a écrit:Hey, CS! Can you give us a summary of what Yoko Tsuno is about?

Crikey, I'm not up on the whole situation yet myself. It is a French comics series, by a guy named Roger Leloup, from before the days of manga (my #1 copy is copyrighted 1972). It reads left to right (as God intended) and the heroine actually looks Japanese, and not like the big/round eyed girls of manga. She is actually a young woman, beautiful but of no extraordinary appearance, but nevertheless very recognizable, largely because of her attractive, unchanging hairstyle.
-
The stories, to my surprise, are actually fairly serious science-fiction, probably suited to early teens -- certainly not for little kids. The one I have read is about a subterranean adventure with an advanced race, and there is heavy emphasis in the artwork on colossal, complex vehicles and machinery, fairly plausibly drawn in detail. There is a little humor, between Yoko and a sidekick, but he's not an inept or scaredy type of sidekick. She, herself, is very competent and resourceful -- a real take-charge gal. To my delight, she doesn't have "superpowers" -- just wits.
-
I guess there are dozens of issues, each not extremely long, and not in any kind of cliffhanger connection with each other. I'll know more after I read the other two issues that I have. The français is NOT elementary, so they're not a "quick read", and I'm reading other stuff inbetween, so I'm not in a rush to get through them.
-
More later, perhaps....Image
-
Incidentally, she's a heck of a lot better looking than in my bat-signature. I had to compress the graphic, once I got it assembled, to within the yumi'04 maximum length of 580 pixels, and the text, especially, got mangled. Later I'll probably post scans of those beautiful line drawings that come after the comic pages in each book.
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 17 Avr 2006, 04:23

Sounds like fun! Hate to be a wimp, but I wonder if there's an English version...

Fils de Aelita et de Jérémie

Message 17 Avr 2006, 19:48

BENJEREMIE, and others:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Whooooo Marvelous I so Happy For You I Hope You Can Read All of them
Me i am Ending
:oops:
++ Benjeremie
Tooku hanareteru hodo ni chikaku ni kanjiteru
Samishisa mo tsuyosa e to kawatteku
Kimi wo omotta nara

Maître des énigmes

Message 27 Avr 2006, 11:04

The first website about Yoko Tsuno : http://yoko.tsuno.free.fr/

A crazy comparaison between CL and Yoko Tsuno I made :

- Yoko> Yumi
- Vic> Ulrich
- Pol> Odd
- Khâny> Aelita
- Conscience centrale> XANA

Chauve-Souris a écrit:---I was expecting floppy comics, but these are hardbound and very nicely done.
-

The most of the bandes dessinées are like that ; it’s not a special edition.

Message 01 Mai 2006, 08:35

-
Geez, I've just finished a 300-page French novel, and then a VF of a Tenchi Muyo manga, and then I read my second Yoko Tsuno book, L'Orgue du Diable ("The Pipe Organ of the Devil"). It was great!
-
The number one Yoko Tsuno book was basically science-fiction (not my favorite genre), but this number two was more of a crime story, with some archaeology thrown in, so I enjoyed it even more. Roger Leloup produced magificently detailed drawings of the Rhine Valley, the gigantic hidden pipe organ and its crypt, and, of course, the dynamic and beautiful Yoko (and the magnificent fruitbat). Marvelous stuff!Image
-

Message 01 Mai 2006, 09:17

Geez, I've just finished a 300-page French novel, and then a VF of a Tenchi Muyo manga, and then I read my second Yoko Tsuno book, L'Orgue du Diable ("The Pipe Organ of the Devil"). It was great!
-
The number one Yoko Tsuno book was basically science-fiction (not my favorite genre), but this number two was more of a crime story, with some archaeology thrown in, so I enjoyed it even more. Roger Leloup produced magificently detailed drawings of the Rhine Valley, the gigantic hidden pipe organ and its crypt, and, of course, the dynamic and beautiful Yoko (and the magnificent fruitbat). Marvelous stuff!Image
-

Great it's true it is génuis but for me i sure you like
  Code:
The border of the life

it's a litteraly translation i'm not sure you understant in french is
La frontiere de la vie
++ Benjeremie
Kimi wo omotta nara

Message 01 Mai 2006, 10:31

-
Frames from "L'Orgue du Diable" par Roger Leloup
-
Yoko is nice to bats.
-
Yoko fears no-one!
-
Roger draws with a lot of believable detail.
-
Yoko is beautiful!
-

Message 01 Mai 2006, 10:43

Benjeremie a écrit:Great it's true it is génuis but for me i sure you like
  Code:
The border of the life

it's a litteraly translation i'm not sure you understant in french is
La frontiere de la vie
++ Benjeremie

Aha! That volume, "La Frontiere de la Vie" is pictured on the back of my BD covers as Tome 7 of the series. I still have Tome 16 ("Le Dragon de Hong Kong") to read, and then I will probably order some more from Quebec.
-
-
Thanks, Benji, for the recommendation -- I will include #7 in the next order.
-

Message 01 Mai 2006, 13:12

For the Moments i read all of them but forgive me only the

whitout all the other to #26
++ Benjeremie
Kimi wo omotta nara

Message 07 Mai 2006, 07:27

-
Here are those marvey line drawings by Roger Leloup that I have mentioned:
-
Tome 2: L'Orgue du Diable:
-
Tome 16: Le Dragon de Hong Kong:
-
Quel artist!
-

Message 07 Mai 2006, 07:42

Benjeremie a écrit:For the Moments i read all of them but forgive me only the

++ Benjeremie

Benji, my apologies, but I don't quite pige what you are saying here. Is it that these 5 are the only ones you HAVE NOT read? Or something else?
-
And, say, I noticed this in one of the books:
-
Benjeremie, have you read "L'Ecume de l'Aube"? Did you like it? It sounds really cool, and my magasin in Quebec has it! I do not think I can live without it.
-
(Anglophs: It says that it is an account of the early years of Yoko Tsuno.)
-

Message 07 Mai 2006, 07:50

-
TOME 16"
-
Cool cover:
-
Title page (Awwwwwwwrrrrr!):
-
Now THAT's a dragon!
-
Whatta face!:
Image...Image
-

Maître des énigmes

Message 07 Mai 2006, 09:42

We can notice the drawing improvement by comparing the pictures from "Le dragon de Hong-Kong" and your sign from "L'orgue du diable" :)

Ben> It's better to read the albums in the right order, i think, especially the ones which take place in the Vinéens world.

Message 08 Mai 2006, 05:33

Pete a écrit:We can notice the drawing improvement by comparing the pictures from "Le dragon de Hong-Kong" and your sign from "L'orgue du diable" :)....

Well, but the drawings in my signature were partially ruined when I had to reduce the whole thing to get within the maximumImage580 pixels imposed by yumi'04. They would look okay if I had left them oversized, but I didn't want to get hit by any "anvils" (arf?). I did MY printing AFTER the reduction, but the original printing inside the pictures is mostly unreadable after the shrink.
-
As for taking them in numerical order, it is natural for me to do that, so I probably will go back to #3 and work up from there. I'm not sure whether my Québec friends actually have every number, but I will find out. (I hope I will be able to resist buying ALL of them anyway -- that would be a lot of books (and argent)!)Image
-

Message 18 Mai 2006, 04:39

-
I must offer felicitations here to Benjeremie for his new Yoko avatar -- a real beaut! Look in Page 1, or maybe we can get him to post something here so les anglophones will notice it.Image
-

Message 18 Mai 2006, 13:45

Chauve-Souris a écrit:
Benjeremie a écrit:For the Moments i read all of them but forgive me only the

++ Benjeremie

Benji, my apologies, but I don't quite pige what you are saying here. Is it that these 5 are the only ones you HAVE NOT read? Or something else?
-
-

I would to say have have all of them look but i forgot only five

++ Benjeremie
Kimi wo omotta nara

Maître des énigmes

Message 18 Mai 2006, 14:18

N° 1, 10, 13, 18 are quite good vineans adventures. After "L'or du Rhin", the 19th album, there is nothing very good, the stories become poor.

Message 19 Mai 2006, 08:36

Benjeremie a écrit:I would to say have have all of them look but i forgot only five....

Thanks, now I gotcha. That's quite a picture, and quite a collection. And I really love your Yoko avatar!
You are a true Tsuno FAN!Image
-
Pete a écrit:N° 1, 10, 13, 18 are quite good vineans adventures. After "L'or du Rhin", the 19th album, there is nothing very good, the stories become poor.

Well, I'm sure I'm mostly going to run through them in numerical order, assuming my Québec amis have all of them available. I have a feeling that I will never find another that I like as much as Tome 2, but that won't stop me from trying....
-
So, anyway, what about this "L'Ecume de l'Aube" (La jeunesse de Yoko Tsuno) book? Has anyone seen it? I notice that there is a pocket version and a large-format version. I hope I can get the large one, because the pictures might be better(?)
-
Garooob a écrit:I wonder if they got the name Lyoko from Yoko Tsuno? (L + Yoko = Lyoko?)

Naaaahhhhhh. It would be really bad if they got it from Yoko Ono -- my nomination for the
most gosh-awful, miserable, monstrous female of the twentieth century.Image
-

Message 19 Mai 2006, 14:27

Chauve-Souris a écrit:
Benjeremie a écrit:I would to say have have all of them look but i forgot only five....

Thanks, now I gotcha. That's quite a picture, and quite a collection. And I really love your Yoko avatar!
You are a true Tsuno FAN!Image

So, anyway, what about this "L'Ecume de l'Aube" (La jeunesse de Yoko Tsuno) book? Has anyone seen it? I notice that there is a pocket version and a large-format version. I hope I can get the large one, because the pictures might be better(?)
-
Garooob a écrit:I wonder if they got the name Lyoko from Yoko Tsuno? (L + Yoko = Lyoko?)

Naaaahhhhhh. It would be really bad if they got it from Yoko Ono -- my nomination for the
most gosh-awful, miserable, monstrous female of the twentieth century.Image
-

Thank's Chauve Souris Again
I try to Do but a never read L'écume de l'aube But mummy Tchoucky do it.

For Pete i Think the Vinéan Aventure is Funny. I cry each time I Read again when a saw PokyImage.

For Garooob The L of Lyoko is probably do from yoko tsuno.I like to think of it.

++ Guys
Benjeremie
Kimi wo omotta nara

Maître des énigmes

Message 19 Mai 2006, 16:05

Here is a Yoko Tsuno avatars gallery Ben have given to me :

http://yoko.tsuno.free.fr/enregistrer.php?avatar=voir

CS> I envisage to buy "L'écume de l'aube" soon. The pocket version cost 10€ but the large format one is expensive (50€), so I will buy the pocket version.
It's about Yoko's childhood :

http://bd.casterman.com/isbn/2-203-38033-0/?r=castbdj

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 20 Mai 2006, 04:31

Pete a écrit:Here is a Yoko Tsuno avatars gallery Ben have given to me :
http://yoko.tsuno.free.fr/enregistrer.php?avatar=voir

Woah! Chauve-Souris is going to love that! I bet we're going to see a lot more Yoko Tsuno pictures around here!
Suivante

Retourner vers Books/Comics/Manga