Code Lyoko season 6 petition

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

P'tit nouveau

Message 30 Avr 2013, 16:04

Code Lyoko season 6 petition

Hi everyone :)

The petition : http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/peti ... evolution/

So, 8 episodes left for CLE. The ending is close, and we hadn't got enough of anything yet. I don't think we can have we need in 8 episodes. A new season is required.
I mean, we want REAL XANA attacks. You know, after it regains its full power.
We want characters development. Shippers are dying!
We want to see more of Laura and William. Because hey, they're finally in the gang. But one season is still NOT ENOUGH!
We want to discover everything about Aelita and her past, EVERYTHING. AND AGAIN ONE SEASON IS NOT ENOUGH. 8 EPISODES ARE NOT ENOUGH!
Imagine if code lyoko ended with just one season. No franz hopper. No Anthea. No william. No Hiroki. NO REPLICAS! NO SKID! Aelita would've been mystery to everyone. The supercomputer would have still been a mystery.
WE WANT SEASON 6!
Please help us and sign the petition, PLEASE! :)
Please spread the word to everyone ^_^
Thanks in advance :)

Futur Lyokofan

Message 11 Mai 2013, 22:53

Re: Code Lyoko season 6 petition

Agreed! Xana's attacks aren't the same anymore...

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 14 Mai 2013, 18:56

If you don't want another season like Code Lyoko Evolution, there is also a petition AGAINST season 6! :sm27:

Read their arguments carefully!

Counter-petition for NOT having any Code Lyoko season 6 a écrit:We are fans of Code Lyoko. We have watched the show from its beginning to episode 95. And we liked it. It provided us with fulfilling messages, and emotions that heal and help growing up. The show was an important part of our imagination from 2004 to 2008. Our love for the series is thus undeniable.

This IS why we didn’t want a new season to begin with. We didn’t want a fifth season. We did want to launch such a petition back in 2008, and we strongly regret not having done so, because, according to the prod, a fan petition such as the one asking for season 5 can be influent enough to make it exist. We do regret not having taken action to prevent it from happening. Let’s try it now.

Don’t get us wrong, we are not saying that the ending brought to us by season 4 was perfect. But it was nonetheless an ending, a resolution, a relief. Xana had been defeated; our heroes could at last live a peaceful life, do something else, and, as Jim puts it, grow up. This is what we needed because we loved these characters, we got emotionally involved in what they were doing, we found their problems important in their own right – which is why we kept watching the show – and thus we were happy to see them get their problems solved and peace return. We should have said it louder: we didn’t want season 5, even if it had been excellent or at least comparable to the original series. We didn’t want the satisfaction of the ending stolen to us. We did want to know our characters were eventually destined to a happy life, rather than doomed to an eternity of evil-fighting. We didn’t want Franz Hopper to sacrifice for nothing. We did want the heroes’ choice not to unplug the supercomputer – which is the point of the series – to be a good choice that leads to a good conclusion. We did want the fourth-wall breaking ending of episode 95 to be a true farewell, rather than something pointless with regard to Code Lyoko Evolution. Most of all, we wanted to know the end, which is only possible if true endings aren’t denied like they have been with Code Lyoko Evolution.

Even though we could criticize season 5 for its content, we don’t, because we didn’t want it whatever it could be. We didn’t explicitly ask for season 5 not to be released, but we do so for season 6. Because we’re fans of this work, which, like any good book, movie or series, is more than some kind of junk food that has to self-renew indefinitely for immediate consumption. We think that Code Lyoko should stop somewhere as well as Da Vinci had to stop drawing at some point for Mona Lisa to be anything more than dozens of paint layers, which, taken together, are completely meaningless. We think that, at some point, it should remain static in its complete state, as well as Mona Lisa. Nobody, even with the rights, would “continue” Mona Lisa. Nobody would change her clothes or add make up on her face! In our opinion, this should be the same for Code Lyoko. It shouldn’t be continued past the point where the authors tell us quite clearly that it’s the end.

Also, some say that if we don't like some part of the series, we can just ignore it. But we can't, because it IS part of the series, whether we want it or not. If we're looking for images or videos on the internet, we will find mention of these parts. If we're asked how many seasons there are, we are forced by honesty to answer that there are, actually, five seasons, not only four. If a new season is released, then it exists. By definition, this means that it doesn't cease to exist if we stop believing it exists. This is why it hurts, and this is why we're making this petition

Again, we really do respect the desire to prolong the "Code Lyoko" experience. But then, why couldn't there be a reboot rather than a sequel, a different work inspired by the same idea? This, in our opinion, would be a satisfying compromise"

Should we be very few to share this opinion, we want it to be recognized. We won’t hear again that all true fans have wanted a fifth season, and that they all want season 6. Again, don't get us wrong. We aren't saying that we "hate" people who want a sixth season, we simply don't want them to accuse us to not actually like the series. Because we are fans, we don’t want season 5 nor 6 nor 7 nor 8 nor 9…

So, let the democracy take place!

Lyokofan

Message 15 Mai 2013, 00:26

I don't get it even though I read the petition many times. They love Code Lyoko, yet are against CLE. Yes, Fanz Hopper may have sacrificed himself for nothing but what about Aelita's mom? We didn't know much about her except for her being taken away by the MIB. I really don't get it. :?: oh and, as of 6.25am GMT+8, 19 people have singed the petition? Outrageous! So are there really people against another season of CLE when there is a chance of it ending with a cliffhanger if there really is no next season?

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 15 Mai 2013, 01:03

I understand what you mean, but we should keep in mind that Code Lyoko was announced as "finished" after episode #95, the villain was defeated and our heroes freed from the threat. The writing director confirmed it in the past.

Of course, there are still a lot of questions about Aelita's mom (for example), but all these issues could have been addressed in a dedicated movie, or anything else. A direct continuation of a "closed" series, with the villain resurrected is - in my opinion - a little bit ridiculous. There were hundreds of ways to continue the adventure, but the production chose the easiest one. The authors of the petition are not against new Code Lyoko episodes or movies, but not like CLE. And you can trust me, they are real fans!

Personally, I'm not against a season 6, but I don't expect a lot from it. And the risk is, if they continue to produce a lot of seasons, to "disgust" the fans with a progressive decrease in the quality of the scripts.

Sometimes, a good end is better than an endless series, I think.

Maykurasaki a écrit:So are there really people against another season of CLE when there is a chance of it ending with a cliffhanger if there really is no next season?

What are you talking about? I remember an interview with the actors where they said that the ending was not a cliffhanger.

So, don't worry. In my opinion, all these petitions have stricly no effect on the decision to produce another season. The TV audience figures (still secret) are probably more crucial parameters! But now you can choose your petition! :thumbleft:

Futur Lyokofan

Message 23 Mai 2013, 22:50

I got ideas. just ask me! :P

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 23 Mai 2013, 23:12

The buster a écrit:I got ideas. just ask me! :P

Don't hesitate to share your ideas with us ;) ... It is the purpose of this forum ! :P

Futur Lyokofan

Message 24 Mai 2013, 18:46

cl_xana a écrit:
The buster a écrit:I got ideas. just ask me! :P

Don't hesitate to share your ideas with us ;) ... It is the purpose of this forum ! :P

So I was thinking that Code Lyoko Season 6 should have a new character.
And the monsters are new also. 8)
Also, NO REPLIKAS, NO TOWERS! :sm30:

Besides, if you guys don't like my ideas, then I don't care. :nop:

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko