Romance between characters

Come here to give us your advice about Charaters and relationships.

exo

Virtualisé

Message 03 Nov 2005, 02:59

No, the translator's okay, but I don't like that they're lessening romance. In fact, I think that's an outrage.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 03 Nov 2005, 03:47

Woah, that's some awesome news!
There's not enough romance in CL already. They shouldn't lessen it! Who are these "American Producers" and what do they know, anyay? Take it from us, the FANS, not some suits in an office building.

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 03 Nov 2005, 09:23

garooob a écrit:Woah, that's some awesome news!
There's not enough romance in CL already. They shouldn't lessen it! Who are these "American Producers" and what do they know, anyay? Take it from us, the FANS, not some suits in an office building.

Yeah, that's weird! Most of the chatter about the episodes is about the romantic currents.
-
And why are the creators taking "orders" from the nasty ol' ricains? Money, I guess. But I think it should be a purely French production, and then the yanks can take it or leave it. Geez, we always make ourselves the villains....
-
It's embarruskin', I tells ya! Image
-

exo

Virtualisé

Message 03 Nov 2005, 22:30

I think it's something about how trhe target audience is a younger age than the hardcore fanbase.

"Kissing is icky!" or "Pink is a girl colour!" and that.
Dernière édition par exo le 04 Nov 2005, 00:01, édité 1 fois.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 04 Nov 2005, 06:31

Who counts as the party that's "commissioning" Code Lyoko? CN's suits or the fans? If it's the fans, then I think we should be able to let Moonscoop/AnteFilms what we like and make sure they don't listen to CN. On the other hand, if it's CN, should they listen to CN and produce a product that the fans, who CN is actually trying to impress, don't like?
I think that either way, the fans should kinda get their way, so everyone is happy. On the other hand, we shouldn't go around making demands of Moonscoop. Like CS said, "Cook up some more of that cool stuff like last time!"
(Maybe this post is extraneous...)

exo

Virtualisé

Message 04 Nov 2005, 22:31

The last time they "cooked up some cool stuff like last time" they had a much overuse of possessing in the scripts for a whole week and the episodes were non-memorable.

Message 05 Nov 2005, 06:28

Image Incidentally, from what I have read in the français sections, the French kids have the same opinion of possessing as we do, i.e., a little is plenty.
-

Message 21 Déc 2005, 07:03

Neo Aguni a écrit:oh yeah if that ep doesn't spell out the fact that Aelita and Jeremie are in love than I don't know what will.

Geez, those ricain fat-cats are sure right about the USA kids not being interested in the romantical aspects of CL, eh? Just read Neo's posts to prove that....NOT!
-
Speaking of such issues, there is a brief report by Tchoucky in the "News" subject in the Fench forum,

http://yumi2004.celeonet.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=982

in.re. her interview with Madam S. The information is not surprising, but it is extremely interesting. I might try to get up the ambition to cook up a translation and post it here, but meanwhile some might enjoy taking a look at it.... Image
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 21 Déc 2005, 07:27

Where do they get their information? Obviously not Yumi2004. Maybe that should be a question asked of Mme. S. next time she comes to town.

Message 21 Déc 2005, 10:47

Translation of a report by Tchoucky-of-the-Anvils in "Blabla des Lyokophiles | News", of her interview, in November, 2005, with Madam S -- a key person in the creative aspects of the production of Code Lyoko, and one who is interested in maintaining two-way contact with us noisy fans.

(round brackets by Tchoucky)
[square brackets by C-S]

[Note, if anything appears incoherent in the following, the fault is of your humble interpreter, Chauve-Souris, and not of Tchoucky or Madam S.]

Tchoucky's report:

A thank-you to Madam S for having agreed to meet our team of forum moderators to reply to some questions. Here is the report of this encounter:

On the request of Tchoucky, our guest of honor gave her opinion on our site, which she finds very detailed, well organized, and containing a lot of pertinent commentary on the series, and she assured us of its accuracy ^^

Madam S confirmed the preparations for Season 3. Actually, it is a case of a short Season 3 (15 episodes), which the scénaristes are now in the process of writing, serving as a transition between Season 2 and a VERY long Season 4 (40 episodes !!!!) where the changes in characters and in settings will proliferate, and which promises to surprise us. William should return at the beginning of the action, well, well!... One can expect, among other things, more intrigues in love, but hush! I can't say any more about that!

Also in preparation, a medium-length presentation on the meeting of our friends, what they were like before, and how they discovered the supercomputer... This would be an OAV of 52 minutes. This préquelle is an order from the USA, and we are unsure of how it will be disseminated in France, but probably in DVD. And, again in an uncertain state, an embryonic project of a long feature presentation, that might never see the light of day, but that nevertheless is there, lodged somewhere in the creative mind of Madam S, and hoping to ripen someday.

The questions that Madam S put to us bore essentially on you [Lyokophiles] and your impressions: What hypotheses have you concerning the end of the season? Why is the Xanafication [possessions] so poorly received in some episodes? And what is liked by the girls, and by the boys? We replied for ourselves, and reported only a little of what was said on the forum (for she reads especially the "Commentaire à chaud" and the other subjects of "Blabla of the Lyokophiles") So if some of the Forum members would like to reply to her, they should send their responses to the forum modos, who will transmit the replies for them ^^ (As to the subject of the Xanafication, we should be reassurred. For the next episodes, Xana will use much more cunning techniques.)

Some questions were brought up about season 2. I therefore regret to tell you that we will not begin to learn much about Franz Hopper before the end. On the difficult question of the couple, Ulrich and Yumi, I regret even more to inform you that the American producers demand that there is to be less of love stories in future episodes [clown smileys by Tchoucky at this point], since it appears, according to a poll, that the children do not like the romanticism that has been included. [more clown smileys by Tchoucky] (But who are the children that replied to the survey? In any case, not those on THIS forum, where we adore the love stories!) But Madam S envisages the ability to bypass the bossy guy as much as possible. We do not know if she will be able to do this, but our best wishes go with her! We once again assured her that the spirit of the series is beautiful, and well within the scope in which one describes the emotions of adolescents! She, to reassure us, promised us that the titles "Mon meilleur ennemi"["XANA's Kiss"] and "Désordre"["A Fine Mess"] don't refer to kisses. (This is very kind, but beware, beware....) [C-S note: Sorry, I had trouble with these last sentences, so they're more literal.]

The homages: Madam S had attempted to put homages to our forum in the series. Indeed, she simply had tried to give some of our names to some secondary characters, but she is unaware of whether that was kept up to date for placement in the production. It goes without saying that the first-names concerned will not likely be playermaniac.net or Tchoucky. But keep an eye out for Célia, Sophie, and others...

For the current murmurings on the influence of certain of our fanfictions on the production's scenarios, Madam S said that didn't happen. She had begun writing Season 2 well before we began writing "ours".

[End of report -- Merci, Tchoucky!]
-

Lyokofan

Message 21 Déc 2005, 15:19

hmmmmmmm

are they kidding. Romance is what makes shows like this good because it shows elvoving not only as a hero but also as a human. Even though I have heard a rumor a faint rumor but a rumor none the less that Yumi and Ulrich will share their first kiss in season 3

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 22 Déc 2005, 04:01

I bet what they did is polled 7-11 year olds, whom the show is erroniously aimed at. According to this poll, there are very few kids in that age group here at Yumi2004. (Poll conducted among 670 Yumi2004 members, "no answers" omitted, margin of error +/- 100%) Anyway, the bigwigs don't know what they're talking about. Market research is useless if you're researching the wrong market.
I know when I was 7-11, I thought girls had cooties. Of course they're going to say they don't want romance.

Message 22 Déc 2005, 04:19

garooob a écrit:...I know when I was 7-11, I thought girls had cooties....

What? You mean they DON'T ?! Image
-
Anyhoo, they probably had a sample size of seven kids and a dachshund. Most polls are unscientific and self-serving.
-

Lyokofan

Message 18 Avr 2006, 23:11

COMON TOO MUCH ROMANCE YOU GOTA BE KIDDIN If you watched the last to episodes that should have made an impresion on them! Those were just awsome and when i first watched it was sad (ima boy!) but it was sad so that shoulda made a impresion on them. And season 3 is in September. :D :cry: :x
Tommy4552

Season 3 has ended. Lyoko is now a virtual blank with Whilliam floting in it. That means season 4 is coming!!!!!!!

Lyokofan

Message 18 Avr 2006, 23:49

All the romance in the show makes it HILARIOUS! And its not that adult. Comon the adults are the stupid ones in the show! lol No offence to the characters of the adults. :D
Tommy4552

Season 3 has ended. Lyoko is now a virtual blank with Whilliam floting in it. That means season 4 is coming!!!!!!!

Lyokophile à vie

Message 19 Avr 2006, 08:39

I think that it's just right. The romance is pretty toned down and subtle, so a lot of kids probably wouldn't even get it if they were really young. Especially in the first and second season...

The episode where XANA sends clones that kiss the characters, I didn't think was highly romantic even. Just a way for XANA to bred jealousy...and cause group turmoil.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 20 Avr 2006, 07:10

All I have to say about that is "Ulrich at the end of Cold War."

exo

Virtualisé

Message 20 Avr 2006, 23:10

Did I miss that scene or something? I don't recall it being very dramatic. I was actually disappointed by it. It was too short.
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 21 Avr 2006, 04:53

When Yumi is trapped under the tree and he says "I need you." That was so good. Then the meatball joke...

Lyokophile à vie

Message 21 Avr 2006, 18:11

I wanna see that episode........

exo

Virtualisé

Message 21 Avr 2006, 22:54

Yeah, that's why. It was three seconds long and went straight to joking around.
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

Lyokophile à vie

Message 30 Mai 2006, 05:50

Want to see Ulrich and Yumi get together....Hey, do Aelita and Jeremie ever admit they like each other? Or is Jeremie's love one-sided?

Maître des énigmes

Message 30 Mai 2006, 11:43

miaame a écrit:Or is Jeremie's love one-sided?

It's hard to believe... Aelita and Jérémie are very close in the season 1, and even in the season 2. In Franz Hopper, she is the only one who defends him, whereas the others thrust an unknown guy saying he is Hopper, even though they know that XANA is able to create polymorphic clones. And in XANA's kiss, she is very jealous too. Thus, I think she is in love for Jérémie.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 30 Mai 2006, 17:26

That's good. I'd be sad to see poor Jeremie suffer unrequitted love. ^_^

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 01 Juin 2006, 04:23

I think Aelita is more ready to be in love than Jeremie. It's always Aelita that kisses Jeremie and she first suggested it while she was still stuck in Lyoko. If it were anyone other than Aelita, her complete nonconcern of being with all three boys in her night shirt would suggest that she feels to much like "family" for a romance to happen. But I'm sure she cares far more for Jeremie than friendship.
Suivante

Retourner vers Characters