CL Season 2

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 29 Avr 2005, 21:50

CL Season 2

i guess i'll start this thread off, since they all need to be recreated anyway. :?
Here we can post all the news/info/rumors that we hear about season 2.

Let the posting begin!

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 30 Avr 2005, 10:11

-
As I said in one of the français sections, Cartoon Network still hasn't made any noise about Code Lyoko being on the way, so there seems little likelihood of Saison 2 showing up in Mai.
-
"Zatch Bell" and "One Piece" are going strong, but no sign of the "Kiwi Hour" (arf?) as yet....
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 02 Mai 2005, 15:29

Well, I'll keep my eyes open on all the internet CN schedules and things, and on the news from the Antefilms folks, who ocassionally post on this forum. They always seem to have the most information.
Also, some of the American voice actors post on the tvtome forums with latest news; i'll keep my eyes open there also.
:D

Tueur de Blocks

Message 05 Mai 2005, 23:39

this is news from french part of the forum :

The second season is totally written and the first episod, finished ( obviously, it is fantastic )

heroes will have vehicles

the season 2 will be firstly diffused in the states, and later in france

there is a new pop rock song ( not a Odd's one )

there is a fifth territory ( we knew it :| )

we will learn who is frantz hopper :)

Sissi and her band are always presents

Love stories will evolve

Sam ( Odd met her in the season 1 ) no longer be present

Jim will be here :) WITH NEW TEACHERS :D

there is a new boy/man which will be very important

Xana changes his/her/its strategy ...

Tueur de Blocks

Message 05 Mai 2005, 23:50

And a little information always from the french forum : Mme S. said, speaking about a possible film of heroes encounter, that they have met at school ... and she added that, according to her, at the beginning, they weren't so friends ( but it doesn't look sure )

from http://yumi2004.celeonet.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=982&highlight=

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 06 Mai 2005, 03:33

Still waiting on this... I'm tired of waiting!

Grand Maître du tir de flèches laser

Message 08 Mai 2005, 16:12

Americans are lucky, they will watch the 2nd season on TV since may .... and us, we have to wait .... september .. it's long ....

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 09 Mai 2005, 07:30

I'm not so sure about that. It's May now and I haven't heard a peep out of Cartoon Network about season 2. The big thing they're selling now is "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee." Being that CN is (almost) the only channel I watch, I hope to hear about it when they start advertising.

Superstar

Message 09 Mai 2005, 08:54

well, Mrs S, one of creators of code lyoko said us that normally, it will be diffused in may for american people.
But, there is a problem (I don't know how to explain) so it will be later but always before us: so maybe, june or july!!!

Grand Maître de l'esquive au sabre

Message 09 Mai 2005, 17:48

US are very good luck...and we must wait SEPTEMBER !!!!!!!!!!

But we can download the rock song in the net (internet = net) !!! :D

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 10 Mai 2005, 03:00

We aren't going to get season 2 any time soon They've just finished the voices for the first two. A poster in ToonZone said that CL will return to Miguzi in August. He didn't say if it was season one starting first or if season two will begin. I think he was from CN because he was trying to stop the April Fools joke thread that CL was cancelled and would never be finished. We are still waiting for the Funimation release of season one DvD. It's starting to be advertised but no pictures of it yet and it's not available.

What "rock song"? :shock:

Futur Lyokofan

Message 15 Mai 2005, 07:19

Actually, I think Juniper Lee is part traditional (more or less) animation and part computer animation, much like our beloved Code Lyoko. The computer part reminds me of Jet Set Radio.

Actually, it appears to be more along the lines of cel-shaded CG techniques that has been popularized in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and the recent Clone Wars Saga. Cel-shading really blends well with traditional animation, so that's what I figure it to be.

As for CL returning to the States in May, it doesn't seem likely. FUNimation will start selling the DVDs soon, which CN will hype up, to build interest in the viewing public for the second season of Code Lyoko in August/September.

In any case, I want the first season DVD's now, as I'm tired of watching my downloaded CL vids en francais, even though I comprehend most of the language. I just would like to see (and hear) it in English once more.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 16 Mai 2005, 03:10

I actually today just caught a glimpse of a CN ad for Juniper Lee (finally), and from what I saw, I think Shadow's right about cel-shading.

And, I also think you're right about the DVD's and season 2's release. I can relate to the français-episodes from the internet - i can understand some it in French, but it would be great to once again see it in l'anglais. I actually caught a glimpse of it after what I think's been about 6 months now off the air - CN ocassioanlly shows an old bumper from the privious Miguzi line up (Totally Spies, CL, TMNT, Teen Titans), and in it, you can catch just a few seconds of previous CL action!
Dernière édition par LeDixième le 18 Mai 2005, 06:28, édité 1 fois.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 16 Mai 2005, 03:43

Cel shading, huh? I'm not that knowledgeable on types of animation.
The DVDs still have another month. If season 2 was supposed to have come out this month, it's possible it could still make it before the DVDs.

Message 17 Mai 2005, 03:09

LeDixieme a écrit: ...but it would be great to once again see it in l'anglais.

Whenever I watch CL again, on my off-the-air recordings, I am always a little surprised at how really good it is. It's so well done, including the anglais soundtrack, that it's really a marvel. :a4:
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 17 Mai 2005, 23:21

DvD's will be sO cool. Welsh??? :shock: No, I don't buy that they are showing Season2 in Welsh first. It was said by some UK members in TZ that they were just now getting season one. JForrest ove at TvT is making season2 sound really good, but won't really tell us anything :x

Message 18 Mai 2005, 03:00

-
I think Cartoon Net. is starting to announce adding Winx Club to the lineup soon -- but no mention of C:L, of course.... :x
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 18 Mai 2005, 06:33

I think that their plans were just to air season 1 in Welsh; I'm sure they're not even considering season 2 yet ;) while we still hopefully wait for it everyday to be announced in some form.

Winx Club - hmm, another new one. Is that to be added on the Miguzi lineup ?
I wish I had a time device to peer just a few weeks into the future to see what's ahead regarding s2! :D

Lyokophile à vie

Message 19 Mai 2005, 05:31

kagetsu a écrit:I wouldn't have thought enough kids speak it to make a translation worth while.
Yeah, me too. That's interesting that they opted for Welsh, out of all the languages. I would've thought Spanish or German first. ;)

On a side note, I've been noticing recently - last April 1st (April Fool's Day), so much misinformation and rumors were created/spread around the internet regarding season 2's release and creation, that the damage is still currently being undone within many fan-communities. Like, I've been reading through some forums where people are still finding out that there will actually be a season 2 (since someone on that forum, for instance, said that it was cancelled, as part of an April Fool's joke). It's funny how rumors spread, and I guess this serves as a message to be careful with new information that we receive- not to believe everything at first until it's confirmed.

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 19 Mai 2005, 19:39

This brings a point that just drives me crazy. I'm currently active on about six forums, only three of which have to do with CL. [s]We[/s]The other board (keep forgetting I'm just a member) just had another "popper" (jumps in on a forum announces news then disappears) Drives me nuts. This last one announces "I emailed Joe Swaney of Cartoon Network. The next season of CL begins September 19th. Be there!". No copy of the email. No idea who they are or why anyone from CN would respond when CN never responds to anyone. I'm spreading any news/ credible rumors to the forums that seem interested. But I always quote source and give how I found it. At TZ there was a staff freeforall April fool's. I've seen them before and I just hate them. Confuses the heck out of the members. One of their "jokes" was the cancellation of CL 2 and had some of the CL fans believing it. I immediately started squashing that as false both in it's thread and the CL fan thread. But it also caught the attention of someone else. One of those people with a low post count but sound like CN people. I think he came mostly from all the criticism CN was getting for bad handling of the show. He said it was coming back in August to Miguzi. They know we're out here speculating, it infuriates me that they only show up to put out flames but never give any information that would stop rumours.

Anyway, It's already been translated into Spanish. Lyoko999 link to the Spanish Theme song
We've pick up a couplo' fans from Mexico and one from Peru at TvTome. That place is in trouble because of the announcment that it's closing but the new site isn't ready yet. I've stopped reading the fan threads because of all the bikkering.[/url]

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 20 Mai 2005, 05:04

I think the only info we can really trust will come in the form of a press release or spots on CN...

Message 20 Mai 2005, 06:41

-
...and being that it would be difficult to detect a counterfeit press release, that leaves only the "spots on CN" as far as I'm concerned.
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 23 Mai 2005, 02:47

kagetsu a écrit:I've stopped reading the fan threads because of all the bikkering.
Yeah. that whole fan community seems to have really disintegrated and has become quite a hostile and unpleasant place, due to arguments that've started because of rumors, and things just getting completely out of control. it's always a shame to see that.

I've been looking every weekend (Google search, or various other sources), for more s2 info. none yet, but i'll keep on looking until we find something. ;)

Superstar

Message 25 Mai 2005, 19:07

Come and Look this video in the french forum at this adress:
http://yumi2004.celeonet.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1185

it's a film about the second season of Code Lyoko from moonscope!!

Futur Lyokofan

Message 26 Mai 2005, 05:59

My word, this is incredible! Please allow me to summarize this preview trailer for the upcoming Season Two.

The video starts out with Ulrich and Yumi being beamed out by some kind of sheild-like program with XANA's eye emblazened upon it. Next is a new animation of Ulrich blocking lasers with his digital sword, and new ani. of Odd dodging blasts in a brighter looking Forest Region as he fires his Laser Arrows.

Next, our first real look at the new vechicles of the gang. Virtualizing for Aelita is a flatened-disk with a round console and a steering column. For Odd, a pink/purple hover-board with dual jets. Nice.

Following that is an older clip of Odd taking a hit from a MegaTank, Ulrich stabbing a Blok, Yumi with the weird sheild-thingie, a new animation of a Krabe being sliced by Yumi's fan ( again in the brighter looking Forest Region. ).

Proceeding on, we see an old clip of Ulrich trying to hold off a MegaTanks blast and failing, a fake Aelita building a rock-bridge from an episode of Season One, and then a new clip of Ulrich on a motor-bike type vechicle stabbing down a Hornet, only to then have his ride shot out from under him.

After that, we get a new clip of a pair of Bloks and a MegaTank take a hit from Yumi's weapon, Aelita's saucer vechicle being de-virtualized from under her feet, an older clip of Yumi bouncing her fan off of an icicle to destroy a Hornet ( From the episode 'Faux Depart'/'False Start' ).

Next are new images of Aelita having a rock sheild being blasted to bits by Hornets, an older clip of Ulrich again fighting a MegaTanks blast and losing, a new clip of Yumi being de-virtualized next to Aelita in the Mountain Region, more blasts against Aelita's rock covering, and a nifty looking explosion in a dark area.

The final clips is a new one of a Hornet being cut in twain by Ulrich's sword, and an older clip of Odd taking down two Bloks from the first season episode 'Canal Fantome'/'Ghost Channel'.

One final note, the song being played for the video is "My Sweet Passion", which is Amy Rose's theme song from the game soundtrack of SEGA's "Sonic Adventure"! (Being a hardcore Sonic fan has it's uses. ;) )

All in all, quite a collection of interesting clips of the forthcoming Season Two. This has only whetted my appetite for Season Two. Now I want the DVD's and the new episodes all the more. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Suivante

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko