Code Lyoko's censure?

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

Message 22 Juin 2005, 22:33

Code Lyoko's censure?

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of when Yumi was in her underwear and everyone thought they were going to cancel it becasue of that?

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 24 Juin 2005, 07:13

-
Seems to me that the prudes would get more upset about Sissi's undies scenes than Yumi's, although Yumi was cuter in my opin. Difficult to know what impels those sanctimonious factions.
-
Geez, filthy gangster rap is okay for our delicate youths' minds, but a non-gratuitous peek at non-provocative undies calls for a march on Washington.... :evil:
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 26 Juin 2005, 06:16

CS, I agree, we're a pretty wacky country as far as what seems to be accesptable.

Message 26 Juin 2005, 13:22

-
What really gets me is that if you took those very same garments, painted some horsies and doggies on them, and sent a girl out to the beach wearing them, they would be considered not only acceptable, but actually CONSERVATIVE beach wear! :roll:
-
SUBJECTIVITY! The same thing that makes it impossible to get a jury to convict a celebrity of anything, that impels people into racial discrimination, etc., etc..... :evil:
-

(sat -- I'll shut up now.)
-

Message 27 Juin 2005, 05:13

Re: A certain picture

person a écrit:Does anyone know where I can find a picture of when Yumi was in her underwear and everyone thought they were going to cancel it because of that?

Why?
I agree that all the slightly risqué scenes in Code Lyoko are basically like girls wearing beach swimwear (no horse-ies or dog-ies needed).

Anyway that Yumi scene is one of those clips that gets used way too much.
I hope in Season 2 she can answer her phone fully clothed maybe in her room or something.

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 28 Juin 2005, 02:05

Oddly, the "Yumi's red undies" is the only pic I don't have of all the "undies" scenes. None are good quality. US cartoons rarly even have characters in different clothes, so the wow factor was pretty high over here. In anime, they're pretty standard character wear. They do make cute avatars but there are few boards I'd risk putting them on.
Sissi in her Julliet costume is highly sought after too. And I'd like to find some good pics of Talia.

From the info I heard during the first run, there was far more concern about XANAYumi striking the Principal getting "Image Problem" canceled than any talk about "TeddyGozilla" or "Just in Time" being a problem.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 29 Juin 2005, 04:36

geez, i had no idea these undies scenes/evil Yumi strinking principal scene had raised the notion of cancellation. I had never heard this talk when it had arisen. These, plus nothing else i've seen in CL ever occured to me as even slightly risqué based on the material in some of cartoon network's other fare (even tho i don't really know what that would be, but i'm just pretty sure). ;)

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 29 Juin 2005, 20:02

I don't think Code Lyoko was ever at risk with Cartoon Network for those scenes.
It is a safe bet that Cartoon Network (or another company working for Cartoon Network) watched some or all of the episodes before putting it on air.

Some people may have thought there would be a public out cry against the show because of those scenes.

Grand Maître du lancer d'éventail

Message 29 Juin 2005, 21:16

McTrooper a écrit:Some people may have thought there would be a public out cry against the show because of those scenes.

I hope you realize that this kind of reaction seems completely insane here! :shock:

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 29 Juin 2005, 21:40

Olivier a écrit:
McTrooper a écrit:Some people may have thought there would be a public out cry against the show because of those scenes.

I hope you realize that this kind of reaction seems completely insane here! :shock:
To say the truth there was a time when cartoons could not show any kind of violence. All the explosions and anything that actually showed a character injured, even momentary as it was, was cut from Bugs Bunny shows. :roll: For a long time, any anime nudity was covered with digital bikinis. Ever see CN's version of Tenchi Muyo? Every onsen scene was retouched. I think it's rediculas, but it's getting better, much less censorship.

The thing that really set the two CL forums on fire was when the second run past and a "special" was slipped into the time slot and they missed Image Problem. By the third run it was back.

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 29 Juin 2005, 22:42

kagetsu a écrit:. .
The thing that really set the two CL forums on fire was when the second run past and a "special" was slipped into the time slot and they missed Image Problem. By the third run it was back.

What do you mean by a "special"?

I know Code Lyoko was aired slightly out of order, but I don't remember something interrupting it.

Olivier a écrit:

Realize?
Well I could only guess.
I know British tabloids have nudity.
I've seen a German magazine [in a US University library] that has a few pictures of real dead people lying in a pool of blood in it.

I guess Europe is probably a little more un-censored than the US.

When it comes to cartoons (especially channel that shows 24 hours of cartoons) America can be pretty strict.

Ironically American TV has gotten pretty immoral.
Watch a sitcom or two and you would probably end up thinking that everyone has sex before marriage. It is kind of sad really.

= = =
On a related point, part of what slowed Anime down when coming to the US is that some people still see cartoons as only being for little kids.

It's weird considering many of the early cartoons like Buggs Bunny and Betty Boop had a lot of jokes that adults where more likely to understand.

Shows like Cowboy Bebop and Batman The Animated Series have started to prove that cartoons aren't just for kids, but it's a slow process.

Message 30 Juin 2005, 03:11

-
As for recent ricain censorship, I have seen in the French manga of 'Zatch Bell' that Zatch crashes into Kiyo's home completely and frankly naked (which is really hilarious). But in the anime that is now showing in the US, he arrives clad in digital white shorts. I don't know what they did in the English-language manga -- I only buy French manga.
-
In our 'Read or Die -- The TV' anime series, a woman who is swimming naked is blocked out by those stupid digital opaque spots.
-
Thank goodness -- our delicate little minds are being protected from horrible, evil things.... :roll:
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 30 Juin 2005, 04:28

McTrooper a écrit:What do you mean by a "special"?
I remember it as a marathon of Totally Spies, but I could be wrong exactly. Every so often they threw in some show/shows that overrode the printed schedual for some unknown reason. A "special".

Chauve-Souris a écrit:-
As for recent ricain censorship, I have seen in the French manga of 'Zatch Bell' that Zatch crashes into Kiyo's home completely and frankly naked (which is really hilarious). But in the anime that is now showing in the US, he arrives clad in digital white shorts. I don't know what they did in the English-language manga -- I only buy French manga.
-
In our 'Read or Die -- The TV' anime series, a woman who is swimming naked is blocked out by those stupid digital opaque spots.
-
Thank goodness -- our delicate little minds are being protected from horrible, evil things.... :roll:
-

:D I just saw that ROD tv on dvd the other week. She was more detailed than I've seen on other non-censored shows. :oops: They've been leaving Ghost in the Shell SAC reasonably untouched on Adult Swim.

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko