Merchandise

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

Futur Lyokofan

Message 04 Juin 2005, 23:18

I'll be very happy if FUNimation just releases the entire season on DVD. I can live without extras, if I can just get the whole series thus far on DVD.

Mayhaps we should try to have people knowlegable in these things record and upload the english version of the show online so that we can download and watch CL whenever. As I have said before, the French vids is nice, but I understand anglais more than francais

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 05 Juin 2005, 04:44

September is when I expected it all along. It will give new people a chance to see Season 1 before the DVD's hit the market. What were the extra features on the French DVD? So we can tell if they have kept them on the FUNimation release. I really hope they keep the French track, But I suspect it may be cut.

Grand Maître de l'esquive au sabre

Message 20 Aoû 2005, 23:51

There is Frontier, Routine, Rock Bottom, The Robots, Claustrophobia, Gravity Zero Zone, Amnesia, Seing is Believing and Cruel Dilemma on eMule but only The Robots seem to be complete.
Les Mac ne sont pas pourris. Du moins pas plus que les PC sous Win.
Premier "Atomiseur de Kolosse" du forum :twisted:
Premier "Désactiveur de Tour" du forum :twisted:
Merci Loïc et Squirel :thumbleft:

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 21 Aoû 2005, 03:18

The DVDs are in fact on the way!

exo

Virtualisé

Message 23 Aoû 2005, 16:24

AM I the only one to notice this?

http://www.tv.com/code-lyoko/show/26269 ... 914&page=0

I think it's kinda weird that marvel is doing them. Construction figures tough? I'm not so sure...

Tueur de Blocks

Message 23 Aoû 2005, 16:39

I didn't notice it ! But it doesn't interest me :? , this kind of figurines arn't very usefull ^^

but i think there are true , and i'm not surprised, code lyoko becomes more and more famous ! so i think it was nearly obvious that marvel ( or another company ) would create such " toys "

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 24 Aoû 2005, 06:05

-
What? No Aelita? Phooey!
-
(Aha, you thought I would say "no Kiwi", didn't you?!)
-

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 25 Aoû 2005, 01:10

If there is more info on Code Lyoko Action figures posted in the French language let us English types.

Let's make this even easier to view.

A while back on the Official Forum someone linked to a picture of 2 Code Lyoko action figure (prototypes?).

I couldn't find the link, I think the picture was taken down from the original site, but I uploaded a smaller version of the original.

On Lyoko Freak Mewberries151 posted this link of what looks like a logo made with action figures.

I did a google search for "Marvel Toys" Lyoko. It turned up this artical:

- - -
MoonScoop chalks licensing deals for two series

International animation company MoonScoop has inked new licensing deals for its animated series Code Lyoko and Pet Alien.

Under the Code Lyoko deal, Marvel Toys (formerly Toy Biz), will develop a wide range of products inspired by the adventures of characters Yumi, Ulrich, Odd and Jeremy. Action figures and accessories, vehicles, construction figures and dress-up sets will be included.

The deal with Marvel Toys for Code Lyoko extends MoonScoop’s relationship with Marvel Enterprises. The two companies entered an agreement last year to produce an animated version for television of Fantastic Four, one of Marvel’s most prominent comic book families. Code Lyoko is a coproduction between Moon Scoop, France 3 and Canal J.

Elsewhere, MoonScoop has granted a number of new licenses in France for hit property Pet Alien (known in French-speaking territories as Alien Bazar) following a successful launch of the television series on TF1 earlier in the year. The deals were negotiated through licensing agent CPLG (Copyright Promotions Licensing Group).

Since its launch on January 5 this year Pet Alien has proved a hit in France. Airing on TF1 it scored one of the highest ratings of all animated series aired on the channel with an audience of 14.2% corresponding with 60% market share of kids aged 4-10.

Jules Grant
6 Jun 2005
© C21 Media 2005

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 26 Aoû 2005, 05:41

McTrooper did some homework! That's pretty cool, but I don't buy action figures anymore.

Message 27 Aoû 2005, 05:12

-
Yeah, they never really look right. Par. ex., on the above figure of Odd his face looks like a baby-doll's. Yuck!
-
I did buy an action figure of Dot Warner, but that's because I am in love with her.... :tchin:
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 27 Aoû 2005, 23:27

That's the problem with making action figures from cartoons. It's hard to make them look correct.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 29 Aoû 2005, 01:02

News!
Right now, you can reserve your copy of Code Lyoko DVD 1 at Suncoast for only $10! That's a savings of $5!

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 30 Aoû 2005, 23:52

garooob a écrit:That's the problem with making action figures from cartoons. It's hard to make them look correct.

I agree.

It is a good thing they probably are based on the 3d models used for the Code Lyoko cartoon.

I wonder if they will move much? Maybe they will be statues :??

Accro à Code Lyoko

Message 30 Aoû 2005, 23:55

some info is avalible here too:

From this page:
http://communitydev.funimation.com/show ... ge=2&pp=10

Ran Mouri a écrit:So on behalf of all of you (and your many many questions), I asked our resident expert on Code Lyoko for some specific information.

Here's what she had to say:

Their will be 4 episodes on the first Code Lyoko DVD to release entitled X.A.N.A. Unleashed. The episodes on the DVD are: Zero Gravity, Big Bug, Holiday In the Fog, Claustrophobia and a special bonus episode Teddygodzilla.

There will also be a special look at season 2 that will premiere on Cartoon Network on September 19th, the day before the DVD will release on September 20th.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions! :)

"special bonus episode Teddygodzilla"
So, it looks like Volume 1 DVD will have 5 episodes?

Ran Mouri seem to be a trustworth source of info.

exo

Virtualisé

Message 31 Aoû 2005, 01:09

Sweet! I haven't seen any of those episodes except teddy godzilla.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 18 Sep 2005, 00:28

Unless otherwise challenged, I declare myself the first to have bought Code Lyoko vol. 1: X.A.N.A. Unleashed! $10 at Fry's Electronics.
Stuff:
-It comes with a small booklet that has some production sketches of season 2.
-Episodes: Zero Gravity Zone, Big Bug, Holiday in the Fog, Claustrophobia and Teddygozilla
-Extras:
--Hero Profiles: a series of clips showing and explaining everyone's powers (Jérémie gets shafted here, as his is just a written explanation of his compuer prowess)
--Music Video: same as on the French DVD, available in both French and English!
--Preview of Season 2: short clips about the vehicals and seson 3 in general
--Holomap: just like the French DVD 2
--Trailers: advertisement for CL vol. 2, Yu Gi Oh and Redwall(!)

Overall, I'd say this is better than the French DVD and cheaper! (and in English)

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 18 Sep 2005, 00:34

Also, they have the eyecatchers from the French DVDs! Yay!

Message 18 Sep 2005, 05:51

-
Hey! Thanks for the review, Roooby!
-
That sounds great. I might have to break down and collect the English ones too... :idee:
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 24 Sep 2005, 05:22

No. You can never have enough.
You know, DVD1 has a hodge-podge of episodes, like the French DVDs had. I wonder if there will be only 2 or if there will be a season's full?

Message 26 Sep 2005, 03:49

-
Say, I've given my ricain CL DVD a spin, and it is really rather agréable. There is some kind of language other than French on it that I am having a hard time reading (arf?) but I'll manage....
-
I really like the two music videos, even though they are the same old stuff from S-1 -- they're very enjoyable. I think the themesong sounds better in the French one, but that's just moi.
-
I've never noticed before, but a tarantula that they show in the S-2 previews is firing from a "kneeling" position, so that his "arms" are free. I've never noticed the zapper in his mouth before, either. I ain't too observant.
-
They had three much-too-brief showings of the overbike, overwing, and overboard. "Overboard"? That could be confusing:
-
Lyokofan #1: "What is that platform thing?"
Lyokofan #2: "That's Odd's overboard."
Lyokofan #1: "He is?" (heh, heh)
Anyhoo, if you can read this, GET THAT DVD! :pffff:
-

exo

Virtualisé

Message 13 Nov 2005, 01:10

I forgot about the DS game. Sounds good.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 13 Nov 2005, 23:27

Merchandise

So, Code Lyoko merchandise is gradually surfacing. Better late than never. Let's review:
Code Lyoko DVD 1 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko DVD 2 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko animanga 1 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko animanga 2 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko novel 1 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko novel 2 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko VHS 1 @ amazon.fr
Code Lyoko VHS 2 @ amazon.fr (named incorrectly)
Code Lyoko 2 DVD set @ amazon.fr
Un Monde Sans Danger CD @ amazon.fr

Code Lyoko DVD 1 @ amazon.com
Code Lyoko DVD 2 @ amazon.com
Code Lyoko animanga 1 @ amazon.com

Things coming along include "toys, clothes, stationary, school bags and a Code Lyoko game on the Nintendo DS platform."
And here they are! Zstore.com Although they don't seem to be for sale yet.
Another picture of the notebook. Creativ won it in a contest.
About Game Factory Interactive, the company making the DS game ign.com, which has an apparent launch date of September 2006

So that's what's out there right now. But here's a question for our French friends: Is there more merchandise for sale in France?

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 14 Nov 2005, 00:58

Zstore again. This time with actual stuff to buy!

Message 14 Nov 2005, 04:31

-
Gosh, thanks for the summary, Rooob! I'm afraid I gotta get one or more of those notebooks, for starters....
-
I notice that Zstore agrees with CD Universe about the release date of DVD-2 being 20 December. That's reassuring.
-

exo

Virtualisé

Message 15 Nov 2005, 00:01

Is the manga just the episdoes, or is it different stories than the episodes?
Suivante

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko