Code Lyoko Cosplay

Come here to speak about all what you think about Code lyko.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 20 Jan 2006, 18:59

Code Lyoko Cosplay

Has anyone cosplayed as a CL character? If so, do you have any reference images? I'm going to be Yumi from the Garage Kids pilot for Anizona 2006. I noticed her costume sometimes changes order, so I'll use the pilot. (Sometimes the black side is on the left, and the red on the right, or sometimes it's backwards in some of the pictures.)

Is there an Aelita costume from the pilot? :D
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 20 Jan 2006, 23:08

Actually, Yumi is never seen virtual in Garage Kids, though there is a picture of what she was expected to look like. The only real difference is long sleeves. All my pics have red on the left and black on the right. I would think the cherryblossom pattern would be hard to find and that layred look of her outfit looks like it would be rather warm for inside,,, but it would look wAy cute.

Aelita wasn't in GK at all.

exo

Virtualisé

Message 21 Jan 2006, 03:24

Wow, be sure to send pics! Sounds mega!
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

Lyokophile à vie

Message 21 Jan 2006, 08:07

Heehee. I'll post a pic when it's done. It's not expected to be complete until April for Anizona. I'm expecting to have to buy some brocade fabric for her kimono.
I don't know if I like her boots she wears, so I'll probably alter that so it's comfier...

I got my hands on the Code Lyoko cine-manga from Tokyopop. It's great!

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 22 Jan 2006, 05:49

Hey, I'd like to see that! I'm sure it'll come out well.

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 22 Jan 2006, 07:24

miaame a écrit:...I don't know if I like her boots she wears, so I'll probably alter that so it's comfier....

I sure agree with that. They're sorta ugly. My only complaint about a costume that otherwise gives me the raptures....
-
Image (But don't substitute technicolor Nikes instead (erf, erf?))
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 22 Jan 2006, 19:49

:D Technicolor Nikes? Darn, there goes my creative interpretation! Just kidding. I'll make sure it looks good. I showed my mom the picture of Yumi from the pilot...and when I told her I was going to do that for Anizona, she flipped. She thought it was too risque. I'll make it and wear it anyways. I like it and don't think it's revealing at all!

I need an Ulrich to go with my Yumi cosplay. ^_^

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 22 Jan 2006, 20:10

miaame a écrit:I need an Ulrich to go with my Yumi cosplay. ^_^

I thought you said you didn't like Ulrich's costume.
This may change your mind. Here's Ulrich from Garage Kids:

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 23 Jan 2006, 02:56

miaame a écrit::D Technicolor Nikes? Darn, there goes my creative interpretation! Just kidding. I'll make sure it looks good. I showed my mom the picture of Yumi from the pilot...and when I told her I was going to do that for Anizona, she flipped. She thought it was too risque. I'll make it and wear it anyways. I like it and don't think it's revealing at all!

I need an Ulrich to go with my Yumi cosplay. ^_^

:oops: umm, well, if you consider sitting, the top doesn't cover the tights very well maybe?

garooob a écrit:I thought you said you didn't like Ulrich's costume.
This may change your mind.
It's "Ulrich" she needs,,, not the costume.
hmm, I wonder who Ulrich should be ;)

I like his CL outfit better, but a pair of Kendo pants would be comfortable and have the right look.

:oops: I would do anything for that but alas,,, I'm not in Arizona. :cry:

Lyokophile à vie

Message 23 Jan 2006, 06:35

Oh, no, I'll make sure the kimono covers my butt. And I don't expect to be sitting much since it's a convention....I need some red spandex pants. Haha. I'll check Sports Authority. Everything else I'll have to make myself.
Instead of the thigh-high boots, I have knee high ones. But the kimono will be pretty true to the picture. I have to grow out my hair some, I keep it short. It's probably not much longer than garooobs in his picture.

I do NOT like Ulrich's pilot costume. He looks ridiculous. It's much better in CL. Hmm...I want an Ulrich to cosplay with... :twisted: Any offers? (garooob, you live in Phoenix, right?)

On an unrelated note...Hey kagetsu, how old are you?

Message 23 Jan 2006, 07:41

miaame a écrit:...She thought it was too risque....

I don't get it! Yumi's fatigues cover her from chin to shin. I've always been crazy about Yumi's Lyoko-threads (see below) but it has never occurred to me that there was anything lustful in my delight.... Image
-
Chauve-Souris (04 Mai 2005) a écrit:...And her clothing on Lyoko is wonderful. The more you look at the details of her uniform, the more you realize how beautiful it is.....

In looking that up, I've also noticed that there are precious-few screenshots of virtual-Yumi in our "Characters" department. Gotta fix that....
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 24 Jan 2006, 00:52

heh. :|
I spent a couple hours looking for red spandex pants, which is my first choice, but they don't have any. I'll probably end up settling for red tights. but if they don't have the right shade, I'll buy white ones and dye them to match. I'm pretty picky about the details.

But on the other hand, I'm altering it some...But it HAS to match!

My mom was probably saying that because I once made a black satin kimono with red lining...and a red corset-like obi, and the entire thing barely covered my butt....She probably figured it would be a repeat of that. :oops:

Lyokophile à vie

Message 24 Jan 2006, 01:16

By the way...Has anyone seen the back of Yumi's kimono? Is it just the sleeve and the front panel that's red, or is the back half and half, too?
:? I really desperately want to get it right!

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 24 Jan 2006, 02:47

miaame a écrit:On an unrelated note...Hey kagetsu, how old are you?
:cry: I'm just a geeky teenage kid, who's friends have mostly been over 60.
Miaame a écrit:My mom was probably saying that because I once made a black satin kimono with red lining...and a red corset-like obi, and the entire thing barely covered my butt....She probably figured it would be a repeat of that.
WoW :oops:
Miaame a écrit:By the way...Has anyone seen the back of Yumi's kimono? Is it just the sleeve and the front panel that's red, or is the back half and half, too?
Having taken special notice of Yumi's outfit, because I like it sO much, I believe it's split red to black right down the middle of her back, but I'm not sure if it continues below her obi, probably does.. But as a seam down the middle of the back in real life may be difficult, I'd say there is interpretive leaway.

Can synthetics be dyed?

Lyokophile à vie

Message 24 Jan 2006, 06:13

Haha, kagetsu, don't "Wow" me. I was copying Yaya Han. I'm not really that glamorous or anything. And I don't wear much make-up. At Anizona, maybe I can find a cameko who can snap some headshots and costume shots. I'll post them somewhere....Probably my LJ, and one here on this thread.
I'm a HUGE geek. :lol: But it's ok. I do what i want because I like to. There's no way I'd give up my cosplaying/designing clothing hobby for anything.
Synthetics CAN be dyed. It may not be the true color, but I bet I can get it right. It also depends on the dye you use. I usually use RIT dye. I've only used it once, so I don't know much about it.
Having a split down the back is no problem, but I wonder if I'll like it that way; if the seam will lie flat....Especially if I use brocade. I'll have to research it more. Because if the kimono doesn't wrap right, you'll be able to see black on the red side...I'll probably do the split just in case. I REFUSE to line the kimono! In Arizona it's probably 200 degrees outside in April...right, garooob? ;)

exo

Virtualisé

Message 25 Jan 2006, 04:06

With the merchandaise for the fall, maybe there'll be costumes.
"Every epoch dreams its successor." - Jules Michelet

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 25 Jan 2006, 05:38

Well, it may only get to 186 in Tucson, but Phoenix usually hovers around the 220 mark.
Makeup melts? I didn't know that. Maybe they have special desert makeup here.
Hey miaame, why don't you post some pictures in the Photo thread?

Lyokophile à vie

Message 26 Jan 2006, 06:56

garooob, you're so mean! You act like you don't even care if I post any pictures. The French girls love you, eh? I'm sure they do, especially since you're so cute, but.....You have a girlfriend. And her name is MIAAME

Message 27 Jan 2006, 05:26

-
Yay! Miaame knocks 'em dead! in the French forum: http://yumi2004.celeonet.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=989&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=690 , evoking cheers of "plutôt jolie!" and "très splendide!", among others.
-
Miaame, your pseudo is very close to the French word "miam" which means "yum". So if some mec approaches you with the cry "Miam!", he's probably just mispronouncing your pseudo, but if he is saying "Miam, miam!", you'd better watch your caboose.... Image
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 27 Jan 2006, 05:52

garooob a écrit:There're some pictures of me on page 42. Go look at it! The French girls love me.
I was going to go look for that to see what all the excitment was about.
miaame a écrit:Image

garooob, you're so mean! You act like you don't even care if I post any pictures. The French girls love you, eh? I'm sure they do, especially since you're so cute, but.....You have a girlfriend. And her name is MIAAME
:roll: Umm,,, now that the secret is out, he did mention it to me when I couldn't believe he wasn't picking up the "signals" :lol: I was afraid he was secretly married and you were going to be heartbroken and never talk to us again :cry:

Lyokophile à vie

Message 27 Jan 2006, 05:56

Heh....Actually, my screen name came from a sci-fi/fantasy work of fiction. The character that was suppossed to be me was named "Mia." And "ame" is the Japanese word for "rain." So I became "miaame"

Thank you chauvre-souris, you are very kind. :D I had to translate everything from the French side....Thanks for the tip about the word "miam" But I bet garooob would just delete those posts. ;)

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 27 Jan 2006, 06:04

I'm surprised there isn't more surprise at me and miaame...
kagetsu a écrit:I was afraid he was secretly married...

Not yet!

Message 27 Jan 2006, 06:13

garooob a écrit:I'm surprised there isn't more surprise at me and miaame...

I wasn't quite sure what was going on, so I was keeping my mouth shut (for a change.) Image It was a long time before I even noticed that there was anyone other than miaame in that picture (erf, erf).
-
...and I'm still worried about the "my 'chauffer'" remark, earlier....
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 05 Fév 2006, 05:50

(as something best done with friends, I know I'll never do it)

But I thought that if I ever cosplay I would want InuYasha. I'm crazy about that red kimono, but a long white wig would drive me nuts as wAy too hot. Too nervous in crowds and would soon be a sweaty mess :p

Always wanted to dress up for Renaisance Fairs, but I dont have the physique for leather and armour :lol: and definitely no tights :p

Lyokophile à vie

Message 05 Fév 2006, 18:57

Hahaha. Yeah, I don't like wearing tights, but for a cosplay I will. You could always build the muscles into the costume, as long as you make the rest of it out of something lightweight. I've never been to a Renaissance fair. They sound fun, but have you ever seen an Asian person walking around in one of those Lord of the Rings style-dresses and looking believeable? I haven't. Although I do love period costume! I wanted to do marie Antoinette for my historical presentation but it had to be "visually accurate."

CS- WHO TOLD YOU THAT?! Was it garooob himself?

Suivante

Retourner vers Talking about Code Lyoko