Guided Missile

Futur Lyokophile

Message 14 Oct 2007, 20:39

Guided Missile

I really liked this episode, mainly because I'm a huge aircraft nut and seeing Jeremie chickening out on a flight in a fighter jet really made my day. I'd kill to take a flight in a jet fighter, especially an F-15 Strike Eagle like in the episode. Which makes me think: why they didn't have them fly a Dassault Super Mirage or some other French fighter? France doesn't use the F-15 Strike Eagle. I feel that I must point out that Jeremie probably wouldn't be allowed on the fighter, since you have to be pretty fit to fly without passing out every 5 seconds, plus I doubt they would use an actual missile for a prize contest like this, missiles cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Additionally, the missile they fired looks to be an AMRAAM Air-to-air missle, which wouldn't be used for ground attack.
... I'll stop now.[/rant]
Dernière édition par The Gee Man le 14 Oct 2007, 21:48, édité 1 fois.
Code Lyoko CCG
http://yumi2004.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5764
Testers Wanted!

Tueur de Blocks

Message 14 Oct 2007, 20:50

Re: Guided Missile

The Gee Man a écrit:I really liked this episode, mainly because I'm a huge aircraft nut and seeing Jeremie chickening out on a flight in a fighter jet really made my day. I'd kill to take a flight in a jet fighter, especially an F-15 Strike Eagle like in the episode. Which makes me think: why they didn't have them fly a Dassault Super Mirage or some other French fighter? France doesn't use the F-15 Strike Eagle. I feel that I must point out that Jeremie probably wouldn't be allowed on the fighter, since you have to be pretty fit to fly without passing out every 5 seconds, plus I doubt they would use an actual missile for a prize contest like this, missiles cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Additionally, the missile they fired looks to be an AMRAAM Air-to-air missle, which wouldn't be used for ground attack.

The Gee Man's Unofficial Tactical Report
Aelita: Combat Drops: 1
Kills: 0 Combat Devirtualizations: 0
Odd: Combat Drops: 1
Kills: 0 Combat Devirtualizations: 1
Ulrich: Combat Drops: 1
Kills: 2 (Crab) 1 (William) Combat Devirtualizations: 0
Yumi: Combat Drops: 1
Kills: 2 (Crab) Combat Devirtualizations: 1
Total:
Kills: 5
Combat Devirtualizations: 2
Primary Objectives:
Deactivate Tower: Success
Secondary Objectives:
Destroy all enemy forces: Success
Protect Aelita: Success
Disable William: Success
Mission Accomplished

to tell you the truth I liked your rant better than your chart.
.....Yay ... just yay

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 14 Oct 2007, 22:31

The Gee Man a écrit:I really liked this episode, mainly because I'm a huge aircraft nut and seeing Jeremie chickening out on a flight in a fighter jet really made my day. I'd kill to take a flight in a jet fighter, especially an F-15 Strike Eagle like in the episode. Which makes me think: why they didn't have them fly a Dassault Super Mirage or some other French fighter? France doesn't use the F-15 Strike Eagle. I feel that I must point out that Jeremie probably wouldn't be allowed on the fighter, since you have to be pretty fit to fly without passing out every 5 seconds, plus I doubt they would use an actual missile for a prize contest like this, missiles cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Additionally, the missile they fired looks to be an AMRAAM Air-to-air missle, which wouldn't be used for ground attack.
I was thinking much the same, wrong fighter, wrong missile for ground attack, a minor in a fighter jet ,,, with live ordnance, shooting down a plane already over the city is pointless, the ejection handle was wrong, and I doubt Jeremie could have survived the G-forces anyway. And where on earth would they have found a flightsuit helmet and O2 mask to fit a kid? :?

I thought "Sparrow", which looks like AMRAAM but it shorter. I think a Shrike anti radar missile looks similar too.

Anyway, high points were William hanging on to Aelita's leg "I've had enough of this" was really a scream, and this has been the closest they have gotten to actually showing William cleaving Yumi with his sword. Usually they keep that just out of picture.

Futur Lyokophile

Message 15 Oct 2007, 03:13

kagetsu a écrit:I was thinking much the same, wrong fighter, wrong missile for ground attack, a minor in a fighter jet ,,, with live ordnance, shooting down a plane already over the city is pointless, the ejection handle was wrong, and I doubt Jeremie could have survived the G-forces anyway. And where on earth would they have found a flightsuit helmet and O2 mask to fit a kid? :?

I wonder why they chose an American plane though: do the French not like their own fighters?
Dassault Mirage 2000:
...decidedly less cool than the F-15, I'll admit, but it's still strange that they picked a plane from a totally different country, I wonder what the French viewers thought of this?. A live ordinance test is even less plausible, they might have done a few passes with the F-15's 20mm Vulcan.
kagetsu a écrit:I thought "Sparrow", which looks like AMRAAM but it shorter. I think a Shrike anti radar missile looks similar too.

Sparrows are also Air-to-air missiles, but I guess they all look like the generic 'missile' archetype, so it's only a slight oversight on the artists part.
kagetsu a écrit:Anyway, high points were William hanging on to Aelita's leg "I've had enough of this" was really a scream, and this has been the closest they have gotten to actually showing William cleaving Yumi with his sword. Usually they keep that just out of picture.

Those are instances where it would have been good for Aelita to have a static weapon. When William snuck up on her, she could easily have turned and had a good stab at him.
Code Lyoko CCG
Testers Wanted!

Maître des énigmes

Message 15 Oct 2007, 10:15

The Gee Man a écrit:Which makes me think: why they didn't have them fly a Dassault Super Mirage or some other French fighter? France doesn't use the F-15 Strike Eagle. I feel that I must point out that Jeremie probably wouldn't be allowed on the fighter, since you have to be pretty fit to fly without passing out every 5 seconds, plus I doubt they would use an actual missile for a prize contest like this, missiles cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Additionally, the missile they fired looks to be an AMRAAM Air-to-air missle, which wouldn't be used for ground attack.

We spoke about that in the french section :
http://www.yumi2004.fr/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=268

...decidedly less cool than the F-15

They could have chose the Rafale (with this missile).

About the missile, they chose an air-air missile because the drill was to shoot a flying target. But it's too weak to destroy a building, indeed. Especially the underground levels.

Futur Lyokophile

Message 15 Oct 2007, 17:28

Pete a écrit:We spoke about that in the french section :
http://www.yumi2004.fr/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=268

Interesting. In the English version, they say it will be a ground target.
Pete a écrit:They could have chose the Rafale (with this missile).

I had assumed that since it's just being released, they wouldn't use it for a trivial matter like this. Neat plane though.
Pete a écrit:About the missile, they chose an air-air missile because the drill was to shoot a flying target. But it's too weak to destroy a building, indeed. Especially the underground levels.

Yeah, even plowing a plane into the factory would probably not affect the lower levels. When I saw the title "Guided Missile", I assumed Xana had finally just taken an nuclear ICBM or something.
Code Lyoko CCG
Testers Wanted!

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 15 Oct 2007, 17:43

The Gee Man a écrit:I wonder why they chose an American plane though: do the French not like their own fighters?
Dassault Mirage 2000:

Mirage fighters are not globally known. I really only know them because they are part of the Isriali Defense Force. The f-15 was designed to be better than anything believed in the air at the time. They really thought the Russian Foxbat was more fighter than it was. The f-15 and f-14 are sill five years beyond anything else. But radar stealth is now the "holy grail".

Futur Lyokophile

Message 16 Oct 2007, 01:43

kagetsu a écrit:Mirage fighters are not globally known. I really only know them because they are part of the Isriali Defense Force. The f-15 was designed to be better than anything believed in the air at the time. They really thought the Russian Foxbat was more fighter than it was. The f-15 and f-14 are sill five years beyond anything else. But radar stealth is now the "holy grail".

Yeah, that part of the Cold War is really interesting. With the fall of the Soviet Union, the F-15 and F-16 are going to be the best fighters for many decades. As an American and fighter enthusiast, I will say this: the F-22 Raptor, while dead sexy, was a complete waste of money. It was a big, expensive intermediate step between the older generation and the new (F-35 Lightning II), which cost our taxpayes billions (It and the B-2 Spirit). It's all politics, I know, but the F-15/F-16 are still all we need for the next 30 or so years, so the JSF may be premature.
Code Lyoko CCG
Testers Wanted!

Retourner vers Episodes