Blah-blah of the Anglophones

Let us speak about us, News, our best memories...

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 29 Nov 2005, 06:31

kagetsu a écrit:Couldn't be me, the only posts I've made was to tell Mewberries that her picture was great. But I'm always flattered when people quote stuff I've posted.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/24884410/ I'm the one in the blue komono :D

-
Rooobs:
-
I can't figure out from what you are saying whether or not you have checked out kagetsu's link to Mewberries' drawing. If you haven't, that's the first step -- it's really neat! (And nearly 3 Mb, incidentally.)
Then, as kags says, Mewberries has gone to http://www.lyokofreak.net/forum/ where she is making the same drawing available with, she says, a prevue version (which I couldn't find but didn't try very hard because I have the full thing on my hard disk.)
-
I haven't followed her material in LyokoFreak yet, but I intend to go back and do so, to try to figure out whether she is producing other CL stuff. Perhaps kagetsu has already done that....
-
Further, in her big drawing, she has a bunch of Lyoko characters grouped in the right side of the scene, but not Yumi. However, one of the "real" people over to the left (right above kagetsu) is drawn like Yumi, and it's VERY cute!
-
kagetsu, in the komono, is cool too and, as I have mentioned, there is a little detail of Kiwi which is quite funny. Geez, you can spend HOURS looking at the thing! Image
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 29 Nov 2005, 08:14

*OK* This is the part of the show where I start paying attention again. Yeah, I had looked at the link kagetsu posted, but I just looked at that one picture... I don't know why I didn't think to look around the rest of that site! Yes, it was right under my nose and I feel silly.
Anyway, I like her art! It's pretty good. Seeing someone else's talent always makes me wish I could draw, too.

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 30 Nov 2005, 05:24

The characters over to the far right are the VA's. (except Gino and Merlot) Yumi isn't there because she never came to the forum.

I've only started making contact with a few of the old members since I came across her picture when someone posted about their fansite and it just happened to have a link. So I've not looked into the fan art section. I don't really go into LF very often and only login to access the pm system. They're on my "will never be moderated by" list. If you read some of those posts by one the mods you may get a feel of the personality that I recognise all too well. I clash with immaturity :roll:

I don't ask anyone to move anymore. Used too, but I'm not noticed enough by people apparently. I couldn't even get anyone to come to see my very pretty Lyoko boards when a separate [i]"talk"[i] area was needed
Dernière édition par kagetsu le 30 Nov 2005, 05:40, édité 1 fois.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 30 Nov 2005, 05:38

(I know this has nothing to do with what we were talking about, but I wanted to mention it anyway.)
I made a translation tool for me when I surf the forum and I thought I'd share it with the rest of Yumi2004! I started a topic in the general section with info on it. Here it is! Enjoy!

Message 02 Déc 2005, 05:06

-
Hey, Rooob, stick around for a minute, will ya? There's a guy that wants an avatar made up, and I'm getting you the poop on it.
-
See you here in a minute or three.
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 02 Déc 2005, 05:11

Ok.

Message 02 Déc 2005, 05:12

NiCo a écrit:Clem m'ayant indiqué très gentilement ce topic pour que je puisse vous faire une petite demande, je me permets de la faire :

Alors voilà, si quelqu'un pouvait me faire un bel avatar avec une image d'Ulrich (virtualisé) et mon pseudo dessus, je lui en serais très reconnaissant. Merci :)

Rooobs:
-
This is in [French forum / blabla... / avatars et signatures] and he's a new guy. Do you want to take it?
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 02 Déc 2005, 05:20

Clem having indicated to me very gentilement this topic so that I can make you a small demand, I allow to make her(it):

Then Here we are, if somebody could make me a beautiful adversity with an image of Ulrich ( virtualisé ) and my pseudo above, I would be very grateful to him(her) for it. Thank you

Let me make sure I've got this right: A beautiful picture of Ulrich on Lyoko with "NiCo" written on it.
Sure, let's see what I can do.

Message 02 Déc 2005, 05:26

-
Okay!
-
The word "dessus" is ferociously ambiguous, but in this case I'm pretty sure that he is saying he wants his name across the TOP, i.e., "above".
-
No one in the subject said they would do it, but there's no guarantee that there won't be other "entries" too, but what the hey -- he will be tickled.
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 02 Déc 2005, 05:42

Top? Uh oh. I was thinking more "superimposed."

Message 02 Déc 2005, 08:13

garooob a écrit:Top? Uh oh. I was thinking more "superimposed."

Well, he probably feared to ask for anything too fancy. He'd undoubtedly like "superimposed" when he sees it.
-
How about a motto, like, "XANA isn't worth a plugged NiCo"? No, huh?
Well, how about, "A NiCo for your thoughts, Jeremie"? Not buying that either, hmmmm?
Why not, "Tower deactivated in the NiCo of time"? Cool?
-
Well, if you won't take any of my suggestions, the heck with it.... Image
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 02 Déc 2005, 08:46

CS, you need to be hired as a writer...

Here's what I made:

Message 03 Déc 2005, 02:57

-
Rilly, rilly nice job, Rooobs! Very imaginative!
-
He should be delerious! Image
-

Message 03 Déc 2005, 09:29

-
So, NEO, tell us the story of your life, already. In the US? In school? Interested in anything besides J&A? How long a Code Lyoko fan? Etc., etc.... Image
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 03 Déc 2005, 09:43

Hayze, you too!

Message 07 Déc 2005, 05:08

Chauve-Souris a écrit:CLEM!!
Being that you are going to be away from the fofo for a while....

Well, I got it wrong, as usual. Instead of, as I thought, Clem being away for a week or two, it was only for a day or two. Suits us though, hein?
-
Welcome back, Clem. Glad you had a good trip. So, tell us when you will be going back to start classes -- after the holidays, I presume?
-
Will you have that little-bitty room to yourself, or will you have a roommate? And what storey (étage) is it on?
Image Gosh, you must be excited about it all....
-

Superstar

Message 07 Déc 2005, 11:49

Yes Chauve-Souris, it was only for one day. We call those days: "open doors". Everybody can come and visit the school. It was great! I met members of another forum, and met people of the 10th promotion, and futur friends of my promotion (the eleventh)...

I'll enter into the school on the 3rd of january for 4 weeks. After, in february, I'll work in a police station in my city and go back to the school in march.
I wants to enter the school but in the same time, I'm a bit afraid about that because the school looks hard :?
But I want the uniforms!! I love it because it's written "Police" :lol:

My room is really small: I have a photo. I'll be alone inside. It's a room for one person. Maybe 2 rooms for one person because we are only 100 students but we are not sure.
I would be on the first floor I think because my name beginns with a "C".

In my school, I won't be on the net everyday but I'll try to come here sometimes :D We can have a computer in our room and there is internet.
But I couldn't watch Code lyoko because we can't have TV in our room.

Here is the bedroom:

Nice isn't it? :lol:

Message 07 Déc 2005, 14:13

Clem a écrit:...the school looks hard :?

No problem for you -- you're going to finish at the head of the class. Anyway, they always try to make things look difficult to rookies, to get them frightened into behaving.
-
The room looks pretty nice, actually. Bright and cheery. Good desk for studying. So it's fairly small -- that gives you less to clean for inspections.
-
I hope they don't keep you too busy to get online frequently. We'll be looking forward to seeing news about how you are doing there.
-
Félicitations again; you're really doing great!!! Image
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 08 Déc 2005, 02:13

OOoo, days filled with hand to hand and firearms training, cool.
If it's anything like over here,,, once you're in, the hard part is over. There's no doubt you'll do well.

There's inspections? That's more a military thing, I wouldn't expect that, but don't really know.

Now, go get those terrorists and underworld sindicate :D

oh, that's a cool Ulrich loop CS :D

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 08 Déc 2005, 04:51

That room could very well be one straight out of Kadic!
Maybe the school will be hard, but that's because they only want the best, like Clem!

Futur Lyokofan

Message 08 Déc 2005, 20:52

The story of my life, huh?
Actually, not much. I go to high school in the US, in Kentucky. I'm a freshman, 14 years. I'm a girl, Hayze is short for Haley. I actually haven't been a CL fan for very long but once I started watching it I was completely obsessed. I play guitar and piano. I read tons and tons of books. I sing in choir. Yeah...not much. I'm kind of boring. I've been to Mexico, which is the only time I've been out of the US, but I'd like to go other places. I love traveling, but my mother doesn't and its expensive, so...yeah. I go on a lot of trips with my church, though. Its usually cheaper. I have a little brother, he's 9, his name is Austin. He likes CL too but not as much as me. He'll watch it with me but whenever I try to start up some in-depth discussions, he changes the subject. So he's not cool.

OK, I'll stop rambling on and on about stupid stuff now...
Glory be to God,
Hayze

Message 09 Déc 2005, 04:09

Hayze a écrit:...I'm a girl, Hayze is short for Haley....

Oooops, sorry! I always get that wrong.
-
Anyhoo, it's nice to have a Kentuckian with us, and a musician at that. What town in Mexico did you go to? I hope you like their food as much as I do.
-
Image Say hello to Austin, and tell him we said to get serious about CL, eh?
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 09 Déc 2005, 05:52

I went to Anvil, KY with my church when I was 3. I've been to Tijuana, too, but I didn't really like it. I'd like to travel more, but it IS expensive. I want to go to France, back to Japan and see more of Canada. Where do you want to go and what do you want to see there?

Message 09 Déc 2005, 10:28

garooob a écrit: Where do you want to go and what do you want to see there?

Moi:
1: Corsica (preferably during the WRC rally).
2: France (to ride the high-speed trains, including the chunnel).
3: The Nile (to see the antiquities).
4: Australia (to see the fruit bats, the marsupials, the trains, and everything else). Image
5: The Desert of Lyoko (to ride the Uberboard with Aelita).
-

Futur Lyokofan

Message 10 Déc 2005, 03:33

Howdy:

I didn't have anything funny to do, so I started to see photos from "Tentation" on the site. I found a geek note. Look this image

Can you read that PHP-like code?
(If you don't know, PHP loves MySQL; and there's written a function to make a connexion to a MySQL database)

And the advice?
("Only edit below this line if you know...")

I should download the chapter, but it seems that Jérémie knows PHP 8)

That's all
PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Between us