Blah-blah of the Anglophones

Let us speak about us, News, our best memories...

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 20 Déc 2005, 05:19

I can't follows those, I'm not even sure what the address bar is?

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 20 Déc 2005, 06:06

kagetsu, the address bar is where you type the URL of the website you want to go to (ex. www.google.com). If you have Firefox and you type "about:config" into that space, you are presented with a lot of settings. You can either scroll down to each one of those options (they're in alphabetical order) or type the first few letters into the "Filter" field to narrow the results. Then, right click on that entry and choose "Toggle" or "Modify" (whichever one is in the menu). After, just close Firefox and open it again and it should work a little faster. I hope that helps!

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 21 Déc 2005, 07:17

-
Say, that Benjeremie is hotter than a pistol, hein? The reload(?) got done quickly, and trouble-free, apparently.
-
MERCI, BENJI !!! Image
-
(However, my psyche was severly wounded by the withdrawal symptoms of not having y'04 for a whole evening. That was rough!)
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 21 Déc 2005, 07:33

It's already done? Wow, that was fast. I didn't even notice.
Well, good job then! Thank you!

Message 22 Déc 2005, 03:18

Oooops, I guess he wasn't finished. Cool -- he brings it back up for our use between servicing forays. What a guy! Image
-
[Did you know that there is a temporary yumi2004 for expatriates and frustrated addicts at:

http://loiclinux.homelinux.org/yumi2004/?

Mostly, we are just trying to recruit strangers that innocently wander in. (arf?)]
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 22 Déc 2005, 03:37

So... is it done? I haven't experianced any outages.

Message 22 Déc 2005, 04:31

garooob a écrit:So... is it done? I haven't experianced any outages.

I saw somewhere that he said he was finished, but I wasn't sure whether he meant completely or just for the day. I believe he takes it down around noon, Paree-time, and I don't know how long it stays down. Not a problem for us Norte Americanos, anyway.
-
The scrolling 'ticker-tape' at the top of the forum screen is the best thing to watch.
-
EDIT: Yeah, he IS finished. I just checked in at the 'expatriate' forum and it had been closed, with the remark that yumi2004 was completed. (yay!) Very slick maintenance!
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 22 Déc 2005, 04:57

garooob a écrit:kagetsu, the address bar is where you type the URL of the website you want to go to (ex. www.google.com). If you have Firefox and you type "about:config" into that space, you are presented with a lot of settings. You can either scroll down to each one of those options (they're in alphabetical order) or type the first few letters into the "Filter" field to narrow the results. Then, right click on that entry and choose "Toggle" or "Modify" (whichever one is in the menu). After, just close Firefox and open it again and it should work a little faster. I hope that helps!

Gee, that's all new to me, but I found it, changed it and I'll see what happens (if I disappear I crashed)

Is there a way I can link my Star downloader to download links from FF?

I still have to link from IE though often I just enter the link manual. I'm having an impossible time downloading the Season 2 opening from Toonami Arsenal. It won't link through Star and just says file size unknown. It must be several megs, but my DL's stop before completion and won't let me "resume". I don't think TA likes multy DLer's so even IE goes through it's regular DL screen.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 22 Déc 2005, 05:16

kagetsu a écrit:Is there a way I can link my Star downloader to download links from FF?

There's an extention called FlashGot that integrates with Star Downloader. If that doesn't work, there's another called DownloadThemAll! I don't use FlashGot because I don't have a 3rd party downloader that works with it. I do, however, use DownloadThemAll! and it's pretty dang cool, if you ask me.

Message 23 Déc 2005, 06:49

garooob a écrit:...Address Bar -> about:config....

Geez, there's a jillion of them! I'm scairt to try anything. Image
-
But, specifically, what is the significance of the ones that are in boldface?
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 23 Déc 2005, 07:16

Bold means that the value has been modified, ex true -> false. A lot of these things are also changable in the Tools > Options menu.
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure making those changes I suggested earlier will speed up your dialup-based browsing, CS. If you want to try, let me know if you notice a difference!

Superstar

Message 23 Déc 2005, 11:19

Sorry because what I'll say is very different of what you said before ^^

But as you know, I won't be I will not be thus also any more present Image because I will be in boarding school.

I will try to come here if some students manages to install the
WIFI in our rooms but if not, that will summarize myself in the
computer room and I will not spend my nights of winter there ^-^

Therefore, I will supervise this splendid forum by far but I
will come there nevertheless since I do not leave it definitively...

I make a point all of thanking you: reception that I received,
of environment that you created, of the friendships which I tied, of
your more charming personalities all ones than the others :blink:

Continue to maintain this forum as it is: friendly, alarm with all
news of code lyoko,

In short, remain all as you are:Clem:

To have my news or to discuss, I have 40 boxes mall :langue: , the
MP and worse, click on the sentence above my signature: I believe that
there is a blog which hides behind :kiss:

PS: and merry christmas Image

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 23 Déc 2005, 17:29

I will miss you so very much. I hope for you much success at school and in life. I will be happy of any news of how you are getting along.

Je vous manquerai beaucoup. J'espère pour vous beaucoup de succès à l'école et dans la vie. Je serai heureux de n'importe quelles nouvelles comment vous vous entendez(allez).

Return as often as you can.

Message 24 Déc 2005, 02:30

Clem a écrit:...PS: and merry christmas Image

Yay, Clem! Have a nice Noël and go take that cool school by storm, as we know you will.
Image Thanks for taking such good care of yumi2004, and for helping us anglo-phonies so much.
-
We will be looking forward to reports on your activities! Image
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 24 Déc 2005, 02:48

Aww, Clem! C'est la vie, non? I know you're going to work real hard at school, bet remember to have fun, too! We'll be right here when you have time to visit. I'd say I'll send you emails, but I can't promise anything. (I rarely even email my family! But I talk to them on the phone, so it's ok.)
Now I'm going to give you a college tradition: I made this picture before I went to college to help me study. I gave it to my sister when she went to college, too. Tape this up on your wall so that you'll study hard! (or laugh!)
We'll miss having you around, Clem. Thanks for giving us such a great forum!

Superstar

Message 24 Déc 2005, 10:58

Thank you all :D
I'll post this picture in my room in order to don't forget it :langue:
I'll come when I will have time :big coeur:

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 29 Déc 2005, 06:18

Clem, when do you leave for school? Or are you already there (and thus not able to answer this post)?

Lyokophile à vie

Message 30 Déc 2005, 06:51

:D Hi! I posted on the season 3 thread first. I had that poster garooob put up for Clem in my room for college exams, haha. I really like Code Lyoko, but have only seen a few episodes.

Chauve-Souris,
What about you? What are your hobbies and info?
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Futur Lyokofan

Message 30 Déc 2005, 22:49

hey garoob, i realy like your picture you know... 'could help me... lol but i got only one picture... everywhere in my house: "a place for everythin an' everythin in its place".... lollllllllllll u know what i mean :roll: :D

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 30 Déc 2005, 23:00

stephen42 a écrit:hey garoob, i realy like your picture you know... 'could help me... lol but i got only one picture... everywhere in my house: "a place for everythin an' everythin in its place".... lollllllllllll u know what i mean :roll: :D

You're lucky really, my room has stuff everywhere. Sometimes at night something will shift and I'm concerned of being buried. :cry:

Did I miss C-S's Birthday? it says "last 5 days" I think

Joyeux Anniversaire :D
<edit> in two more days :lol:
:? You know,,, 90 % (roughly) of people on forums are born on Jan 01?

Tueur de Blocks

Message 31 Déc 2005, 12:53

Good luck for your studies clem ;)

hi everybody, i had problems with my computer these times but now all is repared ;) :D
i have a thousand of messages to read on the forum :? and lots of people arrived when i wasn't here but the forum remains cool !
( besides , welcome to stephen42 and miaame ;) ... and to kagetsu who must be on the forum from more time than me )

i hope you spent a merry christmas ;) with lots of presents, with your family and with santa ( i like this word ^^ in france we strangely call him "le pére noël" ) ! :D

kagetsu a écrit:Joyeux Anniversaire
<edit> in two more days
You know,,, 90 % (roughly) of people on forums are born on Jan 01?

:lol: that's right ... CS ! you lied about your birthdate ? or you're really born on the first of january ??

Message 31 Déc 2005, 12:54

kagetsu a écrit:...Did I miss C-S's Birthday?....

(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk) I have absolutely NO idea of how that birthday datum got added to my profile, but it's completely wrong. The year is way, way off, and the date is almost exactly a half-year off, either way. I decided to just leave it in effect when it appeared -- just for laughs.
(When I was born, they didn't have months and numbers yet....) Image
-
But merci for the thought anyway, Kagetsy et Mansy....
-

Message 31 Déc 2005, 13:07

miaame a écrit:...Chauve-Souris,
What about you? What are your hobbies and info?

Well, one of my hobbies is looking at avatars, and yours is simply marvey! Crikey, what a great job! Geez, this sub-forum is becoming a hotbed of avatar and signature art.
-
As for moi, mostly I just sit around, absorbing oxygen. But I also mess around with ancient Volvos a lot, and do some target shooting, and other anit-social activities. I got some assorted university degrees a while back, and now I are a programmer, and finished with all dat collitch bizniz....
-
Like everyone else around here, I am absolutely dippy over Code Lyoko, and am convinced that this good ol' yumi2004 forum is THE place for following such interests. As you might have already inferred by now, I am especially an ultra-fan of Kiwi, Image but am also madly in love with Aelita, Yolande, Yumi, Sissi, Samantha, and any Tarantulas that happen to be females. (It's sorta hard to tell....)
-
I'm also dippy about having fans like YOU in our little group, and I hope you will stick around and play with us....
-

Message 31 Déc 2005, 14:15

manson a écrit:...i hope you spent a merry christmas ;) with lots of presents, with your family and with santa ( i like this word ^^ in france we strangely call him "le pére noël" ) ! :D ....

Come to think of it, who the heck is this Manson Image person? Sounds a little familiar, but...I don't know....
-
Anyhoo, Mans, are you between terms now? And did you ace all of your courses? (Gosh, I'm glad I never had as heavy a course-load as yours was!)
-
Image I hope you're enjoying your holidays. You're probably getting ready to go back in a few days and start all over again, but have some fun first....
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 31 Déc 2005, 17:53

manson a écrit:... and to kagetsu who must be on the forum from more time than me )
Glad to see you back, I'm online more than I should be but just can't stay away. There are at least three other things I should be doing now, but oh well :roll: [/lol]

manson a écrit:i hope you spent a merry christmas ;) with lots of presents, with your family and with santa ( i like this word ^^ in france we strangely call him "le pére noël" ) ! :D

I think in the UK it's Father Christmas as well, and I believe there is more than one "Santa" with different colour cloaks, not sure though. [/trivia] :lol:

Ki"wee" doesn't like cell phones ringing? :lol:
PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Between us