Blah-blah of the Anglophones

Let us speak about us, News, our best memories...

Lyokophile à vie

Message 01 Juin 2006, 05:14

Just think about the money. ^_^ That's what I'm doing. And shleping boxes isn't so bad....
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

Tueur de Blocks

Message 01 Juin 2006, 21:02

No kagesama you , you're not lazy : you're both wise and respectful ;)
only spotty young people who grow a little older are lazy then later they become wise ;) :roll: :D like you :D :sm6:

and be sure having such a job isn't my goal ^^ for the moment it's only a needing ! ( i'm paying driving lessons , and this isn't cheap ! )

miiame a écrit:Just think about the money.

thank you for the advice . :lol:
today my mother found a kind of bag : A person lost it , with his licence, all his cards and ... 200 euros .
What must we do ? Miaame , must we think of money ?? or must we show a blind kindness and give back the bag ??

Maître des énigmes

Message 01 Juin 2006, 21:22

Manson, wise guy, be wise money-wise, and choose the wise wise^^

Lyokofan

Message 02 Juin 2006, 02:54

Manson, I think you are already growing wiser. :D

Seriously, if it was me, since you have the person's name and address, I would give them everything. Not only would they be out the money, but also they are certainly quite worried about someone having their ID and cards (which could cost them a LOT more than 200 Euros).

Even if you don't get a monetary reward, you'll be earning positive karma.

Think of it as paying ahead.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 02 Juin 2006, 05:47

manson, you should return it. It's good karma. (I get my good karma from picking up garbage.) That way, you'll be able to choose what you get reincarnated as in the next life! Also, it's got this person's ID in it. You know who they are, so you really should return it.

Tueur de Blocks

Message 02 Juin 2006, 19:04

my mother returned it ;)
with all the money and all the cards ! she surely made a good act ;)
i see you would all have returned it :thumbleft:

Garooob , you believe in reincarnation ? it's an interesting point of view .
I was told indians believed in it and shared the " different possibilities of reincarnation " in four :
- the man kind
- the "terrestrial" animals
- the aquatic ones
- the insects
they represent it by the famous cross badly used by hitler . when you're dead , your soul goes in the cross which turn, and you let mere chance decide of your doom :?
with all the lifes you live , you must try to be ... kind , then you can reach the nirvana . ^^

this is nearly what you believe in garooob ? or this is totally different ^^"

important :::: Where is CS ???

Maître des énigmes

Message 02 Juin 2006, 19:12

manson a écrit:important :::: Where is CS ???

I pointed out that fact, I didn't see CS since a couple of weeks. Where are you, oracular one ? We miss you...

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 08 Juin 2006, 04:05

So the World Cup starts Friday. Anyone interested?

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 09 Juin 2006, 04:40

Pete a écrit:
manson a écrit:important :::: Where is CS ???

I pointed out that fact, I didn't see CS since a couple of weeks. Where are you, oracular one ? We miss you...
I'd thought he was just up top. He'd dropped off my radar after a pm, I'd been afraid I'd said something wrong :pale:
Garooob a écrit:So the World Cup starts Friday. Anyone interested?
That's soccer right? The only sport that ever catches my attention is Sailing and speed shooting if I run across them

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 09 Juin 2006, 20:55

manson - No, I don't really believe in reincarnation, but doing good things for good karma is good anyway.

kagetsu - Sailing and shooting? Very interesting.

all - I emailed CS and got a responce from him a few days back. He said he's "on a sabbatical" and there's nothing to worry about.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 12 Juin 2006, 02:34

ok, as long as there's nothing wrong...^_^

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 13 Juin 2006, 05:09

The board usually slows down a bit when Code Lyoko isn't in prime time, but let's just hope everyone comes back...

Lyokophile à vie

Message 19 Juin 2006, 02:19

I think everyone will...

Lyokofan

Message 20 Juin 2006, 01:52

I'm still around . . . just busy trying to get a story finished.

I didn't see many conversations going on that I could contribute to, so I just went into monitoring mode. (I guess it would help to speak French, I see their section cooking right along.)

Didn't want to start a thread just for the sake of making noise.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 20 Juin 2006, 09:37

KageSama a écrit: (I guess it would help to speak French, I see their section cooking right along.)

And it would help too if a lot of French members were able to speak (or write) a fluent english ^-^
I spent many hours to learn english in school, but i'm still unable to speak/write english fluently.
I would like to write a fanfic in english but I have only three correct sentences. I don't practice english often ^-^
Even these lines took me some minutes to write and to check if it is almost correct :lol:

Lyokofan

Message 21 Juin 2006, 02:23

Eridan,

If you hadn't told me it took you a while to compose, I would never have known. You write English better than a number of people I know who grew up here in America.

I understand what you mean. I studied Czech and Arabic. I learned Czech fairly well. I wasn't native-fluent, but I could hold my own. Never got much chance to use it, but I can still read it (up to a point) 22 years later. I'm very rusty speaking or listening to it. (Probably ought to go dig out my old language CDs.)

Arabic and I never got along. I think it's a beautiful language, but I struggled with it from Day 1. 18 months later, (going to class 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and 2-4 hours of homework at night ), I graduated, but for all intents, I was functionally illiterate in it. It ranks up there with Korean, Japanese, and Chinese as the hardest for a native English speaker to learn.

Le Guerrier Noir

Message 21 Juin 2006, 03:39

Eridan a écrit:
KageSama a écrit: (I guess it would help to speak French, I see their section cooking right along.)

And it would help too if a lot of French members were able to speak (or write) a fluent english ^-^
I spent many hours to learn english in school, but i'm still unable to speak/write english fluently.
I would like to write a fanfic in english but I have only three correct sentences. I don't practice english often ^-^
Even these lines took me some minutes to write and to check if it is almost correct :lol:

you is an idiot xD; no it's a joke, but i think the english is very easy to learn ^^"
Quand on pensait que l'argent faisait le bonheur..
A présent on sait que seul le bonheur fait le bonheur.
Tous nos désirs, tous nos voeux,
On les touchera du bout des doigts...

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 21 Juin 2006, 10:34

Cobra johnson a écrit:
Eridan a écrit:

you is an idiot xD; no it's a joke, but i think the english is very easy to learn ^^"

Easy to learn, but not easy to speak it like a mother tongue if you don't spend time in an anglophone country or if you don't practice often.

P'tit nouveau

Message 24 Juin 2006, 20:28

Eridan a écrit:Easy to learn, but not easy to speak it like a mother tongue if you don't spend time in an anglophone country or if you don't practice often.

I agree. I can write in English, I can read it too; but when I have to understand what someone said (talking, I mean), it's harder. Anyone want to give me a plane ticket? :P

[Hey, I'm still alive!]

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 30 Juin 2006, 05:25

Miaame and I are going to New York (state) to visit my family for the weekend! Miaame is going to visit her family in Maine after that, but I'll be home late on July 4. See ya then!

Superstar

Message 30 Juin 2006, 08:05

Nice Holidays ;)
Have fun ^^

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 30 Juin 2006, 21:27

garooob a écrit:Miaame and I are going to New York (state) to visit my family for the weekend! Miaame is going to visit her family in Maine after that, but I'll be home late on July 4. See ya then!

I don't know much about New York, but I remember a little of Maine. :D

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 05 Juil 2006, 18:21

I'm back, minus my luggage. Hopefully it will be delivered today!

Also, I won a contest! Univision, the Mexican TV station, had a promotion where you could win a 42-inch TV and party for the World Cup final! Well, I didn't win that, but I won a duffle bag, soccer ball and 100 years of World Cup DVD! I haven't gotten it yet; it should come today, I think. I hope the soccer ball is like the one they're using in the World Cup! I also hope the DVD is in English. I find it ironic that I won that despite the fact that I don't even speak Spanish, let alone am hispanic... Oh well!

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 05 Juil 2006, 21:51

Welcome back, hope you had fun?

How on earth did you enter?.

I never win anything I can use. The last was a free hair style at the beautian school,,, I gave it to the neighbor who works at the womens shelter,,, it was used by someone going for a job interview so it wasn't wasted.

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 06 Juil 2006, 06:36

I got my luggage and my prize. The total value is like $25. Not like I can complain about it, I mean it was free.
The entry form and website and everything was in English, which surprised me, but hey.
Yeah, I had fun. I got to hang out with miaame and visit my family. I took a bunch of pictures, so I'll see if there are any good ones to post here!
PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Between us