Blah-blah of the Anglophones

Let us speak about us, News, our best memories...

Lyokophile à vie

Message 11 Mai 2005, 03:29

Chauve-Souris a écrit:...drive in international rallies

bump bump bump bump bump... but that would be so cool to attempt in a Mini! there's just something about that little car that has such a huge appeal.

and Chauve, that's so thoughtful of you with the color coordination of your cars and Clem's favorite color :D :D

btw happy 300th post !

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 11 Mai 2005, 04:16

-
LeDix:
-
Thanks for the congrats but, at the risk of being an ingrate, I have another milestone that means much more to me. I just passed my one-year anniversary of joining yumi2004 (and starting my new preoccupation with francophonia). Actually, I had composed a maudlin poste in French for the occasion, remarking on how great Lyokophiles are and thanking everyone in sight for putting up with me, but I decided that it was too pompous and chucked it. But it was a year of great fun and I treasure the experience.
-
I especially treasure the relationship with the female Lyoko-admins, who have been warm and marvelous to me. What a bunch of ladies! :love10:
-
Crikey, sorry I got serious there. I hate that.... :oops:
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 11 Mai 2005, 05:52

Nope, it's not my car. I just took a picture of a random Mini I saw. But yeah, I totally want one.
Man, I love ralley! In college, my roommate and I did a TSD (time speed distance) ralley and we took 3rd place in the novice class! It was so fun! I love watching WRC on the Speed Channel and some day I'm going to go to one. (Maybe Rally France!)

Message 12 Mai 2005, 06:17

LeDixieme a écrit:btw happy 300th post !

Happy 200th post, yourself!! :D
-

Message 12 Mai 2005, 06:20

garooob a écrit:(Maybe Rally France!)

Geez, Rally France would be neat! Corsica always looks so great in the Speed Channel coverage, hein?
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 13 Mai 2005, 05:36

-thanks!
happy 1 year on Yumi 2004 :D

everything about Corsica is so great. it's like a little island paradise 8) maybe in Holiday in the Fog, that's where Odd flew off to, and maybe that's where his family's from. Or, maybe he went there to watch Rally, and we'll see him with the fans on the Speed Channel in their next coverage ;)

Message 13 Mai 2005, 05:38

-
Well, if Odd doesn't wear a hat, he will be easy to spot in the crowd....
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 15 Mai 2005, 00:36

Hey, I bought a new bike! 2005 Novara Ponderosa FSL
It's so cool! It's so much better than my old bike.

Message 15 Mai 2005, 00:51

-
There's nothing quite as nice as a new bike! Congratulations, Rooobs!
-

Message 15 Mai 2005, 01:31

-
Manson! Good luck with the bac! Study hard, and ace those exams!
-
Anyway, we know you will do well on the anglais exam.... :thumbup:
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 16 Mai 2005, 03:22

beautiful new bike ! it reminds me visually of my previous one.
and good luck manson!

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 16 Mai 2005, 03:54

This bike is so awesome. The only similarity to my old bike is that they both have 2 wheels. The Novara is infinately better! The only thing is that because it's so different (read: better), it's going to take some getting used to.

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 18 Mai 2005, 03:06

It's an actual bicycle, some else actully rides a bicycle. I've got a GT no suspension *cries* but it's one of my favorite things in the world.

Message 18 Mai 2005, 03:08

-
Clem!
-
Weren't you supposed to get some kind of important exam results at about this time? I hope it's good news!
-
What's up with that, hein?
-

Message 21 Mai 2005, 06:48

-
Ooops, I finally found the news in "entre nous". Unfortunately, I don't quite understand what you are saying there -- a postponement or something?
-
I hope it's not a problem....
-

Grand Maître du lancer d'éventail

Message 21 Mai 2005, 22:10

She said that the exam had been cancelled because of some cheater. Another session will take place later...

Message 22 Mai 2005, 07:13

Olivier a écrit:She said that the exam had been cancelled because of some cheater. Another session will take place later...

Ah! Many thanks, Olivier!
-
Now I get it -- I couldn't figure out what was being said about cheating.
-
Geez, what a pain! Everyone has to go through that again, because of one miserable cheater. Rats!
-

Tueur de Blocks

Message 22 Mai 2005, 14:35

Hello everybody, thank you for all your support
I didn't want to speak on this forum before I sat for the exam but I can't pass all my time revising ...
so , I'm here and to reassure myself, I tell me that writing on this forum, I improve my english :D

And Garooob, really a nice bike, You prefer the old one but if i showed you my bike, i think, at once, you would love yours .

Superstar

Message 22 Mai 2005, 23:23

Chauve-Souris a écrit:-
Clem!
-
Weren't you supposed to get some kind of important exam results at about this time? I hope it's good news!
-
What's up with that, hein?
-

Well, I'm sorry Chauve-Souris for answering late but, Olivier has right. There are problems with my exams.
Well, there are people who have cheated during the exam. So, my future school is important, because it forms cheaf of police in France, so there was a risk of discredibility the reputation of the school. So, the jury prefers cancel all the exam that we've passed in march and we must all begin another time in june or july. We were 1900 candidates!!!

So, it was not a good new and we had not our results: we'll never have them.

Except you, nobody care about this so I prefered go out with my friends to have fun and in order not to think about all my work that I must learn and do antoher time.

So, I must work another time in order to pass the same exams in june or july (I will have my calendar ine one week). And, now, the next results will come in september, and my orals in september or october.

Well, I hope that you've understand because this story is very complicated because we're not informated: we only know that with the french press and we never know if it tells the truth. And, my english iosn't very good. So, you can ask me questions, I'll answer.

Thanks for care about me (you're the only one ;)
and thanks to Olivier who has answered you

Message 23 Mai 2005, 08:41

-
Aw, I'm sure many of us are concerned, as all we Lyokids are nutzo about you. :oops:
-
Thanks for all the added information. I'm mainly wondering, of the 1900(!) candidates, how many will be selected? And what's the actual name of the school?
-
Gosh, you French kids sure must face a lot of scary exams, what with the bac and such. But on this exam, if they could tell that someone was cheating, why couldn't they see WHO was cheating and let everyone else's scores stand? It seems unfair to put you all through it again. I fear you will get ulcers in your tum-tum from all this tension. :sad4:
-
Anyhoo, keep us posted on the next attempt, so we can cheer for you again! :hello1:
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 24 Mai 2005, 02:12

Chauve-Souris a écrit:Anyhoo, keep us posted on the next attempt, so we can cheer for you again!
Woo-hoo Clem! Bravo to you for your patience. But I'm so sorry to hear about this frustration. That must be so annoying, to have to think about the whole thing again for the summer. Good luck with everything, and we will cheer for you ! ;) ;)

Superstar

Message 24 Mai 2005, 09:20

well thank you very much Chauve-souris and LeDixième!! :D

the 1900 candidates are selected with what we call a "contest": so we must pass 5 exams which are eliminating. The one which has been cancelled is the second.

my school calls "Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Police" or ENSP. It's in Lyon in France in the city calls "Saint Cyr au Mont d'Or". I'll look for a foto.

"But on this exam, if they could tell that someone was cheating, why couldn't they see WHO was cheating and let everyone else's scores stand?"
well, they have searched and they have found 3 persons but they've cheated during 2 tests so the jury was afraid and didn't want a false contest and the reputation of the school is very important because the job is really important. So, the had no choice.

Now, my future exam is on 22 and 23 june

Tueur de Blocks

Message 24 Mai 2005, 17:42

sory clem, i remembered somebody had sat for an important exam but I didn't remember who :roll: unforgiveable

I understand this situation cause it happened to me 3 years ago ( somebody stole lots of exams and obviously there was mine :x ),

but look the good points, you have more time to revise
and the examiners an d correctors may well be less strict because of this problem . ( it was my case )

Superstar

Message 24 Mai 2005, 17:49

well, I'me trying to say me that manson but it's really difficult to learn all my lessons another time, when everybody is on holidays.
maybe, correctors will be less strict: I hope so!! but I'me not sure :?

I've no choice so I must learn :roll:

Message 25 Mai 2005, 06:41

-
Crikey! Five exams! (Six, counting the repeat of the second one!) I admire your ambition.
-
In "Un Collège fou, fou, fou" they always yell "Bon courage" when someone goes into a competition, so: !!BON COURAGE, CLEM!! :thumbup:
-
Speaking of police and exams, I recently obtained an Arizona concealed weapons permit, for which I took a written exam and a shooting qualification, and on both of which I got perfect scores. However, don't be impressed, because they were both EXTREMELY easy tests. I don't really want to carry a gun under my shirt while I'm out buying groceries, but I do want to have loaded guns in my cars, which the permit includes. :sm4:
-
PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Between us