Blah-blah of the Anglophones

Let us speak about us, News, our best memories...

Superstar

Message 25 Mai 2005, 08:45

thanks Chauve-souris.
I didn't all understand what you've said.
Do you want to have gun? that's why you passed an exam in order to obtain the permit?
Are you fascinated by guns?
well, I am: I've learned in France haw to shot with a gun: it's really pleasant!! I like that but in France, you can't carry a gun even with a permit except in a club

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 26 Mai 2005, 06:34

-
Yes, Clem -- you are almost correct. I am a gun collector, and own a lot of them. In Arizona one may carry a gun, but only as long as it is visible, and may not have a loaded gun very available in ones car. I got the permit so that I can have a loaded gun HANDY (convenient? sous la main?) in my cars, as I feel it is my right to defend myself against attackers.
-
The permit also makes it a little easier to buy guns, as it eliminates one of the inquiries required of the seller.
-
Well, anyway, Clem, I have decided to marry you after all. A green-eyed blonde who likes guns and knows how to shoot them is just too great to pass up! Yes, shooting is a major hobby of mine, and I have had some success in target matches, having earned a "master" rating in Olympic Rapid-Fire Pistol shooting. But I haven't gone to "big" contests because I do not like the pressure of competition. I only shoot at targets -- I do not go hunting, as I like animals too much. (Incidentally, in my shooting test for my permit, I was using a fifty-year-old gun -- I prefer the old ones to the new, plastic ones.)
-
So, tell us what kind of guns you have shot. Pistol? Revolver? Rifle?, Shotgun? All of them? At a shooting range? (champ de tir?)
-
Geez, make sure you always wear ear-protection (oreille-bouchon?). My hearing is bad because I did not wear ear-plugs in my early days.
-
I wish you were here -- I am going out tomorrow morning to the shooting range to test two guns that I have been fixing. I would love to take you along for some fun shooting! :sm4: The temperature here is attaining 40 degrees these days, so I have to go VERY early in the morning to avoid it. :angryfire:
-

Message 28 Mai 2005, 04:24

-
Oh, no! I missed Clem's birthday by 4 1/3 hours!
-
Well, anyway, it's still your birthday in the USA, so:
-
Happy Birthday, Clemmie!
...many happy returns of the day!
-
(Kiwi says, "Arfy Anniv!", too.)
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 28 Mai 2005, 06:08

Bonne Anniversere, Clem! Are you doing anything fun? (You're exactly 8 months older than me!)
Yeah, Arizona is still the wild west in some ways. I don't think I'd buy a gun (I think old cowboy 6-shooters are cool, though!), but maybe a knife. A lot of people have mean dogs around here. It's kind of scary to be out riding and all the sudden, there's someone with a very angry rottweiler pulling them towards me and my bike...
Chauvre-Souris - when you and Clem get married, you have to invite me! I'm going to be the best man at my college roommate's wedding in August, so I'll have wedding experiance!
Also, yeah, it's pretty hot here! 40c/100f I ride in the evening, when the sun is going down. It's still hot, but doable.

Lyokophile à vie

Message 28 Mai 2005, 07:21

wow! 100! now that really is hot. it's funny- all winter, when things just freeze in the east and everything turns into a giant -30 degree glacier (well, perhaps -30 in just the absolute coldest of spots), the national weather always showed arizona in at least the 80's. and i remember last summer, it hit like 120 or something at one point over there! i for one wouldn't be able to survive ;), but people tell me that the dryness makes it bearable, as compared to the intense humidity here, which can make 70 feel like 90 sometimes.

Superstar

Message 28 Mai 2005, 09:55

Well, thank you very much Chauve-Souris and garooob for my birthday Image

and yesterday, I went out with my friends in order to have fun in a restaurant!!!Image

thanks a lot!!!!

and yes, we'll invite you garoob for our mariage :lol:

Message 29 Mai 2005, 02:46

-
Geez, Clem the 27th of May, Garooob the 27th of January, and Mozart also the 27th of January. How distinguished! disgust
-

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 29 Mai 2005, 03:04

Whoa, I missed Clem's Birthday

:oops: Well, happy Birthday, this calls for a party
ImageImageImage
And cake (the cake still needs work)

Superstar

Message 29 Mai 2005, 09:44

lol Chauve-Souris.
Thanks a lot kagetsu :D :D

well and happy birthday to kystrelchandler_Lyoko :D have a nice year

Lyokophile à vie

Message 30 Mai 2005, 03:51

Best Brithday Wishes to All !!!

Message 30 Mai 2005, 07:46

-
LeDCM:
-
James Isaac Neutron? I love that guy!
I even have his BD "Jouer Avec le Destin", which is a MANG'anim sister-book to the Code Lyoko "manga".
-
Ah, yes -- Libby is even cuter en français :D
-

Superstar

Message 30 Mai 2005, 09:20

:shock: leDixième: wonderful !! and thanks for your post

Marmotte qui fait tomber la pluie

Localisation: Ce qu'il y a de terrible quand on cherche la vérité, c'est qu'on la trouve

Message 30 Mai 2005, 23:18

I 'am sorry, i'am late , but ,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYSTRELCHANDLER_LYOKO !!!

:p :p

Lyokophile à vie

Message 31 Mai 2005, 04:21

Clem a écrit:wonderful !! and thanks for your post
pas de quoi ;)
-
-
Chauve-Souris a écrit:James Isaac Neutron? I love that guy!
I even have his BD "Jouer Avec le Destin", which is a MANG'anim sister-book to the Code Lyoko "manga".
-
Ah, yes -- Libby is even cuter en français
leapin' leptons! ;) a Jimmy Neutron manganim, and it's in French! now this is too good. i've got to get my hands on it. and all of the other Neutron merchandise that exists, for that matter. there's so much - video games, DVD sets, posters, etc. there's so much of it, and i want it all!! :twisted: maybe this summer i'll indulge. i've at least got to get a DVD set or two.
and to top it off, all the new season 3 eps. are starting to air ! well, i now have a good part of this summer planned out already, with the reshowing of CL season 1, new Jimmy Neutron, and new Danny Phantom and Fairly Odd Parents. :D
Dernière édition par LeDixième le 31 Mai 2005, 04:31, édité 4 fois.

Message 31 Mai 2005, 04:25

-
Yeah! Happy boithday, Kyst!
-

Message 31 Mai 2005, 04:36

LeDixieme a écrit:leapin' leptons! ;) a Jimmy Neutron manganim, and it's in French! now this is too good.

It's really fun reading French for kids. Not only is it relatively easy, but there are a lot of idiomatic expressions to learn -- without having to worry about picking up anything naughty inadvertently.
-
As for J. Neutron in general, I must say that Sheen really kills me. That guy is mega-funny!
-

Tueur de Blocks

Message 31 Mai 2005, 04:41

Merci beaucoup, guys! Yep...I'm seventeen now! :D I haven't been on in so long...did something happen, cause I tried to get on one day awhile ago, and it didn't work. (I think I read something about a hacker in one of my emails......:D But I could have been wrong, since it was in french...:D)
"Disorganization forces you to think fast and deal rationally with unusual situations and problems."

Kystrel=Kestrel=Crécerelle

(Signature picture done by Kystrel)

Lyokophile à vie

Message 31 Mai 2005, 04:46

lol, a lot has happened. ;) you were correct; a hacker came and destroyed the forum back in the end of April, and cleared almost ALL the posts :cry: (and completely all of the anglais threads). so we've started to slowly rebuild them all. there was a relatively large reconstruction period on the forum where the admins had to reestablish the interface, components, etc., and consequentially there've been quite a few days of down time, which might have been what you were experiencing. but luckily, all the user records and data were left in tact.

happy 17 !!

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 31 Mai 2005, 07:09

Happy birthday, kystrelchandler! You need to visit more often!

Chasseur de Frolions

Message 01 Juin 2005, 00:28

kystrelchandler is back? Happy Birthday, and hello again :D

Futur Lyokofan

Message 06 Juin 2005, 20:10

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that LeDixieme is now the infamous age of 21 now. Happy Birthday to thee, LeDix! 8)

Tueur de Blocks

Message 06 Juin 2005, 20:15

ledixiéme is (only) 20 years old, his birthday is in four days .

Message 07 Juin 2005, 06:00

-
Any way you look at it, LeDCM is still just a crazy kid.... :twisted:
-

Lyokophile à vie

Message 07 Juin 2005, 06:00

thank ye kindly, Shadowbot. :D manson- you are correct, 4 more days. ;)
i guess that means that i'll soon be a "real" adult. gosh! i don't feel any different; i don't have that insatiable urge to go out partying until the wee hours of the morn. guess i'll save all that for my final years of college! ;)
Chauve-Souris a écrit:Any way you look at it, LeDCM is still just a crazy kid....
Quite right! as a matter of fact, that probably describes me exactly right about now in my life :D :D

Superstar

Message 10 Juin 2005, 08:25

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEDIXIEME!!!!!
Have a nice year and I hope you'll can realize your dreams :D
:occasion9: :occasion4:
PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Between us