Blah-blah of the Anglophones

Let us speak about us, News, our best memories...

Tueur de Blocks

Message 21 Juin 2005, 08:47

LeDixème a écrit:good luck to you, Manson !

thank you but i no longer need chance , just patience , and i don't have patience !!!

For the aelita puppet Yes a derived product is a good sign ( and yet i wouldn't like code lyoko to be overmeditazed ) But this aelita is awful, :pale: ok it may well have been made by an anonimous ( not a professional ) but look at her face !!!
And her price !!!!!!!!! :shock:

chauve souris a écrit:I wouldn't want one

Neither did I , too ugly, too expensive etc ...

Superstar

Message 21 Juin 2005, 10:12

well, I agree with everybody!! the Aelita puppet is horrible!!! I hope that french or american shop will never sell it

thanks a lot Chauve-Souris!! :D :D
I'll go to the hotel this afternooon! I'm really stressed but I hope that "chance" will be with me

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 23 Juin 2005, 03:17

That's awesome! I don't think it's THAT bad, but I wouldn't buy it even if it was free. I simply have no use for action figures/dolls.

Batman + Kiwi = Chauve - Souris

Localisation: Le Arizona ou le désert de Lyoko: Ils sont pareils.

Message 24 Juin 2005, 07:20

-
I would buy a plushy of Kiwi, but even that would have to be a lot more convincing than this Aelita thingy.
-

Message 24 Juin 2005, 07:26

-
Gosh, no word from Clem yet. She's probably lying abed with a large ice-pack on her head.... ;)
-

Superstar

Message 24 Juin 2005, 11:01

mdrrrr Chauve-Souris :lol:
Yes, I was in my bed yesterday as you said!!!
I was so tired and work with 35 degrees outside is really difficult. My head didn't want to think anymore.....

I don't know if what I wrote was good but I had something to say and that's good.. So, now, I'll wait for my results in september..

Thanks all!!!
Now, I'm on holidays! and I can stay on this forum all the day 8)

Message 24 Juin 2005, 15:27

-
Yay, Clem. Way to go!
-
Two surprises:
1: You have to wait all the way until SEPTEMBER for the results? Crikey!
2: It sounds like you have to write TEXT answers on the test, rather than what I assumed would be choosing PROVIDED answers on an electronic form. (We call them "essay questions", in contrast to "multiple-choice questions".)
-
And two days of essay questions must be total torture! That also explains the long wait for results, because expert humans have to evaluate them, whereas multiple-choice tests can be graded instantaneously by machines, oui?.
-
Gosh, this is a really, really big deal, isn't it? As I understand it, you have two more of these test sessions to go, right? Is there any way of knowing when the last (fifth?) one will be done? Are any of them orals or interviews, or does that come even later?
-
Geez, I hope you have a good psychiatrist (or a good bartender).... Well, anyhoo, now you can enjoy some summer fun and the run-in to CL Season 2, true?
-

Grand Maître du lancer d'éventail

Message 24 Juin 2005, 19:57

Chauve-Souris a écrit:It sounds like you have to write TEXT answers on the test, rather than what I assumed would be choosing PROVIDED answers on an electronic form. (We call them "essay questions", in contrast to "multiple-choice questions".)

Here we use MCQs very rarely (I think you use them a lot). In practice we use them essentially for IQ tests.

Superstar

Message 25 Juin 2005, 11:12

well Chauve-Souris, you've understand everything!!
as Olivier said, we don't have MCQs. My exams are essays. And yes, 15 hours of essay are realy tiring and difficult (wouah! my english is really bad this morning, sorry)

that's why, as you said, teachers need a long long time to correct. I'll have the results on 7th of september. Then, I will have 2 tests sessions more: the orals (21.09-05.10) and one sport test and then!! yes, if I had all these exams, I could enter to the school on 2nd of november.

bu now, I prefer think about my sumer holidays! and hope that my tests sessions won't happen in the same time that code lyoko :lol: in order to enjoy new episodes!!
but I'm not really on holidays because I must learn my lessons for the orals. So, I must work. But I won't work yet maybe in a few weeks.....

and you chauve-souris?? do you have exams this year? In which class are you?

Chevaucheur de Mantas

Message 25 Juin 2005, 11:55

A little off topic, but I have something to ask:
For english and american people, when I say "Dust Hill", what does this stand for you?

There is currently a huge debate about this and its definition in the Sonic Community. This is related to a lost level name (Dust Hill zone) and a concept art provided by Brenda Ross (Sonic Team 1992). Don't search this on Google, I need to ask random people that are not aware of all of this yet. Just say to me what you think about these words "Dust Hill", what you can imagine...

Thanks in advance. This will be a great help for me and my researches.

About exams, I have again a few of them next week. I haven't any MCQs planned. Actually, that's very unusual to have MCQs here, at least, there is one of them once every blue moon.

Message 25 Juin 2005, 12:12

Clem a écrit:and you chauve-souris?? do you have exams this year? In which class are you?

According to his profile, he's a software programmer, which means that school is already over for him ;-)

Message 25 Juin 2005, 12:28

Clem a écrit:Then, I will have 2 tests sessions more: the orals (21.09-05.10) and one sport test and then!! yes, if I had all these exams, I could enter to the school on 2nd of november.

Clem (or Olivier?):
You stumped me this time. (21.09-05.10)? I can only guess that they are laws or regulations numbers that you have to know about?
And "one sport test"? What the heck is a sport test? You gotta be good at volleyball for this job (erf, erf). You have to throw darts at the correct answers? What th'...? What, already! What?
-
Another thing: you're telling us that you get your June results, you take your orals, you get your orals results, you take your sport test (what?), you get your acceptance, you pack your bags, and report at school... all within less than a month? Yikes! You gotta be kidding!
-
Anyway, my guess is that there will be BEAUCOUP eliminations based on the June exams, because they are not going to want to handle large numbers of applicants in the orals and the sports test (only eleven players on a football team, you know....hee,hee...) Therefore, if (or in your case, "when") you get past the 07 Sept cutoffs, you are probably in good shape, oui?
-
Here's a question: if this is all about police work, can we assume that there are a lot more male applicants than female?
-
<< and you chauve-souris?? do you have exams this year? >>
Nah, I don't have exams these days. I would have some if I wanted to get a programmers' certification, but I don't think that is necessary for me.
-
<< In which class are you? >>
Most people agree that I have no class whatsoever. (Anglophone pun: aucune de classe la moindre?)
Anyhoo, I've gone through 25(!) semesters of university work, got a BS in Zoology and a MS in Computer Science, and that was enough for moi!
-

Message 25 Juin 2005, 12:45

[The preceding post is mine too, obviously.]

Sonic Hachelle-Bee a écrit:For english and american people, when I say "Dust Hill", what does this stand for you?

-
Sonic: You can mark me down for "no meaning whatsoever". It neither means anything nor suggests anything to me. I don't watch network TV programs (only satellite stuff) so if it is a reference to something on a popular TV show, I haven't seen it. :roll:
-

Message 25 Juin 2005, 13:38

Chauve-Souris a écrit:You stumped me this time. (21.09-05.10)? I can only guess that they are laws or regulations numbers that you have to know about?

I was sure you would have some difficulties understanding this. These are simply dates (21st of September and 5th of October). Here, as in most countries, we put the day before the month. Only in a strange place called United States do people swap the numbers ;-)

Chauve-Souris a écrit:if this is all about police work, can we assume that there are a lot more male applicants than female?

I guess we can ;-)

Superstar

Message 25 Juin 2005, 14:10

Well, I'll try to explain better but as you can guess, it's a really difficult organization. All french people don't understand.

For "wrote exams" or essays, we are, 1000 candidates. We will have the results on september and now we will be only 100 candidats. Then between the 21st of september and the 5th of October, we must pass the orals exams and a sport test and in final, we will be 45 persons accepted in the school. And yes, after everything happens very quickly because we enter in the school on he 2nd of november.

normally, it doesn't happened like this but my first exams were cancelled so we were late and teachers hadn't the choice. They had to do this very quickly.

My sport test is a course of the combatant (?) like in the army. So we must run, and we have obstacles, we must crawl for example, jump,...
if you go to this adress:
http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/rubriques/ ... te_motrice

you can download my sport test (at right?)

No, there are more female than men candidates!! because more female in France learn the law. But the exam is difficult because the police don't want to have lots of female so there are more "severe" with her than with males.

I don't know if I have answeredto all your questions ans if now, it's more clear. If it isn't, I will explain to you with an mp ;)

I didn't know all that things about you!! I'm also impressed of what you've done!! I hope that you enjoy what you do and I guess so :D

and sorry in advance if I'm not clear

Message 25 Juin 2005, 14:27

Clem a écrit:No, there are more female than men candidates!! because more female in France learn the law.

Really? I'm very surprised. We rarely hear of female commissaires (except Julie Lescaut on French television :-)).

Tueur de Blocks

Message 25 Juin 2005, 14:47

olivier a écrit:These are simply dates (21st of September and 5th of October). Here, as in most countries, we put the day before the month. Only in a strange place called United States do people swap the numbers

Lol I though chauve souris lived in the united kingdom .
DOn't american understand when we write the day before the month ? american people are strange !

Clem a écrit:My sport test is a course of the combatant (?) like in the army

I think the real traduction is "obstacle course"
and if it is similar to the army, I can tell you tath females manage to do it, when my older brother passed the army's tests, he did an obstacle course and at the arrival, there were more females than men . So don't worry, but you must train so as to succed !!!

the police don't want to have lots of female so there are more "severe" with her than with males

Ohh don't listen to rumours ! Today the society accepted the egality between women and men ( ok women are underpaid and some factory don't accept them because they are pregnant every two year :D , but not the police ... yes ? no ? I hope ! :? )

Nevertheless Good luck

Tueur de Blocks

Message 25 Juin 2005, 14:49

olivier a écrit:Really? I'm very surprised. We rarely hear of female commissaires (except Julie Lescaut on French television

Don't look at television ! It is bad you don"'t see the reality ! and you become a couch potatoe :tongue:

Message 25 Juin 2005, 15:11

manson a écrit:Lol I thought chauve souris lived in the united kingdom.

Again, according to his profile: he lives in Arizona.

manson a écrit:Don't look at television ! It is bad you don't see the reality ! and you become a couch potatoe

Actually I never saw Julie Lescaut, I just heared of it. I'm really not a big fan of TV ;-)

Tueur de Blocks

Message 25 Juin 2005, 15:36

Actually I never saw Julie Lescaut, I just heared of it. I'm really not a big fan of TV

In france it's difficult to be a fan of TV cause there are just reality shows ( arg I hate it ) and trash TV like Dallas or others :x :puke:

and about arizona ... http://agora.qc.ca/mot.nsf/2e730dc630aec62a852568720068fc07/85256b2b000375cb8525698c007bddf4 if chauve souris sees this landscape from his house ... I envy him !!!

and if i remember my geography lessons, the arizona is next to the californy ... so chauve souris lives next to Las Vegas :D :D

Message 25 Juin 2005, 15:36

-
Holy Moley! An obstacle course test? This whole thing is really rough!

Olivier a écrit: These are simply dates (21st of September and 5th of October). Here, as in most countries, we put the day before the month. Only in a strange place called United States do people swap the numbers ;-)

I thought they might be dates, but they didn't seem to fit the context, and the use of periods (points) didn't look right either. Oh well, my goof. (For your information, I detest the silly, out-of-order way ricains write dates. I refuse to do it, but I prefer YEAR-MONTH-DAY, which is the way computers want it because then the dates sort (trient) correctly. I also detest the way ricains have not yet changed to the metric system. The British stuck us with their rotten units a couple of centuries ago, and now they have gone metric. Rats!)
-
Also, I meant to say that all that testing stuff had to happen in less than TWO months, but it's still a lot of ground to cover. I was hoping that being a female might be an advantage, on the assumption that they might be actively seeking to increase the percentage of females to conform to equality requirements. I see I was wrong about that, too.
-
Well, September is a BIG month for you, Clem, what with unimportant stuff like the police tests, and important stuff like CL-season-2 (erf, erf). As we have said, now's the time to concentrate on having a pleasant summer.
-

Démolisseur de Mégatanks

Message 26 Juin 2005, 06:15

Dallas? That was on TV in the US before I was born... TV is full of crap here, too. Except for cartoons, really.

That picture from Arizona looks like it's from northern AZ, because it's got trees! I live in the middle of Arizona and CS lives in the south. But yeah, that's kinda what I see every day. I love riding my bike in the mountains!

Message 26 Juin 2005, 13:07

manson a écrit:if chauve souris sees this landscape from his house ... I envy him !!!
and if i remember my geography lessons, the arizona is next to the californy ... so chauve souris lives next to Las Vegas :D :D

Ah, oui, that is typical scenery in this marvy place :love7: . I come from the east coast :sm10: (New Jersey) but I wouldn't go back there for anything.
-
As for Las Vegas, that's in the state of Nevada, but it's in a part of Nevada that pokes down between Arizona and California -- so you're almost correct. I'm in the far opposite corner of Arizona :sm32: from Vegas, but that's okay because I wouldn't want to go there, as I don't like the glitzy life.
-

Tueur de Blocks

Message 26 Juin 2005, 17:14

Garooob and chauve souris I hope you realize how lucky you are to live in such a country ... :shock: . what i see from my window is ... an other window :tongue:
And Garooob you're right , riding a bike in these mountains must be excellent ... and dangerous :twisted:
And for Dallas , I think it is again on french TV , and oher old programs like la petite maison dans la prairie ( i don't know if you traduce it in the litle house in the meadow :? ) . :x French TV is awful !!! :x

Message 26 Juin 2005, 18:08

manson a écrit:And for Dallas , I think it is again on french TV

I confirm. I stumbled upon it just yesterday. I saw J.R. and said "I know that guy" :-)

manson a écrit:and oher old programs like la petite maison dans la prairie ( i don't know if you translate it in the litle house in the meadow :? )

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071007/

manson a écrit:French TV is awful !!!

Probably not more than the others. I guess it is a universal constant :roll:
PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Between us